Factory reset Droid Maxx with no screen access

Regulate77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Would anyone be able to provide button press instructions to factory reset my Droid Maxx? I can boot reset into Recovery but I can't see the different menus in order to reset the phone. I want to empty all my data before I send it back to Verizon. There was a previous thread to this effect but it was for the Droid Razr Maxx and I don't think the button presses are exactly the same. Thanks.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

I assume your screen isn't working. This video may help but you'll need to be quick about it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Would anyone be able to provide button press instructions to factory reset my Droid Maxx? I can boot reset into Recovery but I can't see the different menus in order to reset the phone. I want to empty all my data before I send it back to Verizon. There was a previous thread to this effect but it was for the Droid Razr Maxx and I don't think the button presses are exactly the same. Thanks.

Did the video that Leeshor posted help out & were you able to get your phone factory wiped? I thought of one other idea (unless you already shipped it back to VZW). Did you have Android Device Manager enabled? if so, you can log into your Google account from any PC, other phone, tablet, etc. and go to the Android Device Manager page and send a FDR command to your phone that way. It's handy if the screen is broken or the phone is lost or stolen.

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
nice information
thanks all
smiley-emoticon.gif
Welcome to Droid Forums!

DigDug53

Reaction score

Have you tried booting it normally, and connecting it to your PC via USB to see if it is recognized by your PC?

Depending on settings before the screen issue, if it was in MTP mode with USB Debug enabled, it should appear on your PC as a portable storage device, and everything you see will be on the Internal Storage Partition which is separate from the OS. I have never tried to delete anything, but you have access to all the data, pics, documents etc.including the COM files for all installed apps. COM files contain the data for installed apps.

I had a similar issue, only with DROID TURBO, and copied the entire storage partition to my PC. If you get your data files moved off the drive, I think you may be able to delete the rest, but not sure what you would want to.

doogald

Reaction score
The instructions for the Droid Maxx are here: Reset my device

(starting with "External reset")