help! factory reset

earlybill1

Reaction score
Well I'm rooted on my razr maxx XT912 (is it jellybean or ICS I have trouble remembering always) lol haha ! Anyway im really wanting to do a factory reset of my maxx . Every since I've rooted it I've had trouble here and there . Like foxfi hasn't worked good since the root to place so I wanna see if it works better if I'm not rooted , really I've not been able to use it for tethering for last month not once ....so is there a way to unroot my maxx without doing a factory reset ? If there is how would I do that ? I do have safestrap plus voodoo root keeper what do I need to do . I'm also having trouble with my internal and external memory which I have a thread on this forum for that and I'm still working on getting it going good . So if I do reset the maxx is there a good app that doesn't need root to backup all my apps,contacts,bookmarks etc basically everything

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

GotnFX

Reaction score
Well I'm rooted on my razr maxx XT912 (is it jellybean or ICS I have trouble remembering always) lol haha ! Anyway im really wanting to do a factory reset of my maxx . Every since I've rooted it I've had trouble here and there . Like foxfi hasn't worked good since the root to place so I wanna see if it works better if I'm not rooted , really I've not been able to use it for tethering for last month not once ....so is there a way to unroot my maxx without doing a factory reset ? If there is how would I do that ? I do have safestrap plus voodoo root keeper what do I need to do . I'm also having trouble with my internal and external memory which I have a thread on this forum for that and I'm still working on getting it going good . So if I do reset the maxx is there a good app that doesn't need root to backup all my apps,contacts,bookmarks etc basically everything

If you have voodoo, open up the app in your drawer. There is a temp unroot button. If you want to get rid of SS, you'll have to delete the folder in a file manager. Remember to first activate your stock ROM first. There have been a lot of folks complaining about foxfi not working and there seem to be a lot of recommended fixes. Since you have root why not try WiFi tether for root..by Muller Lemons Buxton..also there are a ton of posts about how to use the built in VZ version. Lastly, have you tried clearing cache first before FDR? There are apps that can do this and there is a sticky as well on how to do it manually.

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
If you have voodoo, open up the app in your drawer. There is a temp unroot button. If you want to get rid of SS, you'll have to delete the folder in a file manager. Remember to first activate your stock ROM first. There have been a lot of folks complaining about foxfi not working and there seem to be a lot of recommended fixes. Since you have root why not try WiFi tether for root..by Muller Lemons Buxton..also there are a ton of post about how to use the built in VZ version. Lastly, have you tried clearing cache first before FDR? There are apps that can do this and there is a sticky as well on how to do it manually.

I've used WiFi tether b4 but still have problems but I'll try n find it again as a apk or in the Mkt . What is FDR ? How do I activate my stock rom I've not flashed any other roms yet .

GotnFX

Reaction score
I've used WiFi tether b4 but still have problems but I'll try n find it again as a apk or in the Mkt . What is FDR ? How do I activate my stock rom I've not flashed any other roms yet .

FDR= factory device reset

As long as you didn't flash anything then you should be on the stock ROM.

GotnFX

Reaction score

Here is a snapshot under About Phone showing stock ROM info

View attachment 63631

Also when you reboot your phone, the safe strap screen should say at the top Disabled in red. If you have a custom ROM, it will be green saying enabled

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
FDR= factory device reset

As long as you didn't flash anything then you should be on the stock ROM.

So using WiFi tether do I need to set anything in settings for it to work