Verizon is offering to replace my Razr Maxx HD with a Droid Maxx

paoutdoorsman

Reaction score
I have a hardware issue and Verizon is offering to replace with the same Razr Maxx HD, or with a Droid Maxx. I know nothing about the Maxx. Is it a step ahead, or a step backwards. Battery life and signal are very important for me. Thanks!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Total step ahead. That's the phone I am on now. Battery life should be as good or better, signal...well, it's Motorola. Nuff said. :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree with Foxkat...the Droid Maxx is pretty awesome. I think you will like it even better than the RAZR Maxx HD. Excellent battery life an great phone reception....go for it before they change their mind.

OP
P

paoutdoorsman

Reaction score
Sounds good. Thanks guys. They caught me off guard when they asked me that and I didn't want to make a split second decision that I might have come to regret. I'll give the Droid Maxx a try. I'm eligible for an upgrade, so I might grab a Turbo in a bit after I hear some hands on real life experiences.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sounds good. Thanks guys. They caught me off guard when they asked me that and I didn't want to make a split second decision that I might have come to regret. I'll give the Droid Maxx a try. I'm eligible for an upgrade, so I might grab a Turbo in a bit after I hear some hands on real life experiences.

Good deal and hope you enjoy your new / replacement phone. Obviously lots of hype over the new Droid Turbo right now (rightfully so...looks like a great phone) but there is nothing wrong with the Droid Maxx. It's still packed full of cool features and great hardware & should treat you very well for a long time, if you need it to.

OP
P

paoutdoorsman

Reaction score
The deed is done. Droid Maxx will be here tomorrow. They said I needed a different sim than what I have in the Razr Maxx HD so they are sending that as well. I didn't think to ask, but will that require a trip to the Verizon store for activation or anything?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The deed is done. Droid Maxx will be here tomorrow. They said I needed a different sim than what I have in the Razr Maxx HD so they are sending that as well. I didn't think to ask, but will that require a trip to the Verizon store for activation or anything?
You can either go to a VZW store or call VZW Customer Support with the new SIM serial number right before you activate.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The sim should come preinstalled, just follow the instruction page for activation, the VZW store is a painless experience as well.

We must...We must...increase our boost

bigmatt503

Reaction score
Definitely an upgrade!! Enjoy your new phone

Sent from my rooted Vzw LG G3 on a couch in Portland Oregon