Verizon Insurance

usafpilot022

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering about the Verizon Insurance claim process. My POS refurb (D2G) didn't work right from the day I got it, but today I put it on the coffee table and when I picked it up the screen was FUBAR. So, what is the process to claim a replacement? Also, what does Verizon do with the phone when I send it in, especially considering the screen doesn't work? Thanks.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
insurance, you mean you physically broke the screen?
if not then insurance has nothing to do with it.

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
sorry about your phone, usually when you have the warranty you can just call verizon tell them your screen went out, and theyll send a new one, after they make u take out the battery standard troubleshooting. if you have asurion, their insurance provider some process really. but they let you make a claim online...but..that will come with the 89 dollar fee. unless a rep makes the order for a software or phone, non damaged, issue theyll send you a replacement. for free. so unless youve taken a hammer to your phone you should be ok.

OP
U

usafpilot022

Reaction score
the screen is not cracked in any way but it doesn't work properly. I get a boot image when it powers on and then only the top few lines of pixels will change when the OS is loaded. So how do I begin the (hopefully free) process? And does it matter if anything else is "special" about the phone? Thanks.

sorry about your phone, usually when you have the warranty you can just call verizon tell them your screen went out, and theyll send a new one, after they make u take out the battery standard troubleshooting. if you have asurion, their insurance provider some process really. but they let you make a claim online...but..that will come with the 89 dollar fee. unless a rep makes the order for a software or phone, non damaged, issue theyll send you a replacement. for free. so unless youve taken a hammer to your phone you should be ok.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
they say verizon will charge you if the phone is rooted. Hopefully with a broken screen it won't be an issue if it is.

The only time you use insurance is if its physical damage/stolen, you will be attempting a free warranty exchange.

you could try to sbf the phone without the screen.

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Wink wink just drop it in the shower. Then plug it in when its wet

Sent from my etch-a-sketch

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
I see you should still be able to call and talk to a tech rep who will try and fail all will be either send you to asurion or send a refurbished phone. I had 3 d1 all with similar issues and and Eris that had screen issues all replaced for free by talking to reps. That's the policy of its under warranty...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Now if it's rooted you could maybe unroot if possible. If not then asurion replaces with the deductible.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Jordan8

Reaction score
they say verizon will charge you if the phone is rooted. Hopefully with a broken screen it won't be an issue if it is.

The only time you use insurance is if its physical damage/stolen, you will be attempting a free warranty exchange.

you could try to sbf the phone without the screen.

If the phone still works(just the screen messed up) he could still probably plug it up to the computer & unroot via adb

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Just call verizon tech support (*611). They will send you a phone no hassle and a fedex box, When you get the new phone, send the old one back with the fedex label they give you. They have poor quality control, so sometimes it takes a couple of swaps to get a good replacement.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
U

usafpilot022

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of unrooting on the computer? Thanks.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of unrooting on the computer? Thanks.

It is a myth that you have to unroot before sending a phone back. Verizon checks 3 things when a phone arrives. They check to see if the box is damaged, if the phone has physical damage beyond wear and tear, and if the phone turns on. The only one you can lose your warranty for is physical damage.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk