Verizon Droid X swapped out with Droid X2

wdcspurs

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Verizon swapping out Droid X with a Droid X2? I know that my X and mostly everyone else has experienced issues since the Gingerbread update, and now they have released an update to supposedly fix those issues. I was reading on another website about people getting to swap their X out with an X2 because of the bugs. Just curious if anyone has done this or knows if this can be done. I assume at this point since an update was released to fix those issues, that they would be less likely to, but still curious.

knighthonor

Reaction score
I too would like to know about this

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Reaction score
Droid X bugfix update now available | Android Central link for the chatter... One guy just said he just called Verizon and they are sending him a new Droid X. Have a hard itme believing that just because its new, that would fix the issues. I am interested in trying this as an outside shot of getting a X2.

DP03

Reaction score
Not sure about the X, but the latest update messed up the Facinates and they are replacing them no questions asked with X2's. A friend and myself walked into VZ with Facinates and they didn't even make us show them the issues. Just gave us a choice of Incredible 2's or X2. I took the X2 and like it a lot more than my Facinate.

Detonation

Reaction score
If you're having problems with your phone, they will generally offer you are refurb replacement. If you still have problems after multiple replacements, you may be able to get a refurb X2. They will rarely give you a brand new phone, but they do offer alternate phone replacements in circumstances like I explained above.

OP
wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Reaction score
I had no luck with Verizon. They wanted me to do another hard reset and go from there. They told me issues I was having with my phone were the result of certain apps. Blah blah blah.. Time to try this ROM thing out... any suggestions?

tamala08

Reaction score
Droid X2 swap, Yes

After the update ruined 2 Droid X phones they sent me the Droid X2, persistance, they know they are wrong on way too many levels, and yes I am running Gingerbread now, camera convenience key did not work on the
Droid X anyway so voice activation on taking pics does work very well, only problem is Handcent SMS, anybody else having problems with this App.? Both phones acted up even though Handcent updated compatibility, still having problems, I bought the Gold VIP for a year and never any feed back from Dev...so frustrated uugghh!!! Also Facebook Apps will not show phonebooks, aarrgghh, I spend more time on my phone with Verizon than I do with friends and family, I so regeret going back to Verizon :icon_eek:, Sprint had great plans and lousy connections, may as well pay less for their family plan than paying more for the same lousy service!!!

marcodif

Reaction score
Oh yes, I am on my 3rd replacement

I just received my 3rd replacement today, and yes, its new, I asked Motorola. I have been fighting with Motorola since last October or so on all the issues I had with my Droid X because of Gingerbread. It took about a month and half of back and forth emails, factory resets, try this & that, before they sent me a new Droid X. That was dumb, same phone, same issues. So I gave it a couple months to test out each issue to provide decent feedback. Then I contacted them again, and they said that was it, nothing else they can do. I said BS, want to speak to someone higher, this is wrong. I was persistent. Got a call back one day from Customer Satisfaction, or something like that, and they offered me a new Droid X2. I said ok, and again I told them I can't send them my phone until I get a replacement because I have no landline. So they sent me a Droid X2 first, and I sent back the replacement Droid X. After another couple months of using the Droid X2, I contacted to let them know that pretty much all the issues were resolved with the Droid X by giving me a Droid X2, EXCEPT the video camera app was WORSE! This time, it not only paused for various intervals across the span of recording, but actually saved the video file with the pauses. Upon playback, it will jump through long pauses, sometimes play slowly through others. Weird. I also told them about the random memory issues where the phone seems to slow down. Again, they insisted that they couldn't send me a new phone without me sending mine in for review/repair first. I said NO, I dont have a landline, without a phone, my family & employer cant get a hold of me. They said I could ask Verizon for a temporary. I laughed, told them that wasn't going to happen. So this time, I had to pay about $15 to have a new Droid X2 shipped to me, then I have to pay shipping to send my Droid X2 back to them, and then they will refund me the $15. Still stupid. Through 3 replacements, new or refurbished, it's probably cost Motorola about $1000 or more in replacement hardware? They should've instead done one of 3 things: 1.revert my Droid X back to Froyo, OR 2.Provided me with a newer Motorola phone, like the Razor or something similar, OR 3.provided me a check or voucher to go to Verizon and get a phone of my choosing without having to change my contract. So in conclusion, I just gone done backing up my Droid X2, and will be activating my NEW Droid X2, and before installing anyhting on it, I am going to test out the Video camera. In conclusion, you must be persistent, you must stand up for your rights, and be willing to spend some time on the phone and in emails to get them to account for their mistake in Gingerbread + DroidX mix.

Beka27

Reaction score
Many issues can be fixed by taking advantage of various roms available. It takes some time to learn the ropes, but it's very rewarding when you are not held hostage by Verizon. If my phone starts acting up I know I can just start over with a new rom or a newer version of said rom. Old phones are going to get buggy over time, the X is two years old.