Droid X2 extremely slow!!!!

TH3BR3ViG

Reaction score
Ok, so My contract is with a Droid X, but I've had verizon replace it 4 times before, so this time they gave me the Droid X2 with the extended battery (which doesn't seem too "extended" )

Anyway, its really slow, and I don't know why. My original X was way faster than this phone, and it seems like it restarts launcher pro every time I exit out of an App or whatever, because it takes about 10 seconds to load....and it also takes 8 or more seconds to come out of sleep mode.

I went to the verizon store to see if they could help. My Android Market also isn't updated, it's the one that came before the Froyo update many many months ago. I go over to the store-showroom X2 and it runs flawlessly and the transitioning is beautifully smooth and instantaneous. I tell the lady my problems, and she loads up an application on the store X2, comes up in an instant. loads the same one on My X2, takes about 8 seconds. She replies "they're the same, there's nothing wrong with your phone."

So my problems are:
1) Droid X2 is extremely slow (stock phone at store was blazing fast)
2) my market refuses to update to most recent version (even stock phone at verizon store had the updated version)

Any suggestions?

Beka27

Reaction score
I think they have already released the sbf for the DX2. You could try that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
System boot file. It takes the phone to out of box status. I am guessing you got a CLNR from VZW, so it could have been a bad flash of the system. Do a google search or search the forum for instructions.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

scott craft

Reaction score
You could call them. I've found the people on the phone to be more helpful than those in the store.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums