D3 vs X2

crashngo

Reaction score
Hey guys, my mom's droid got the possessed screen issue so we went to the verizon store because of this. We got the X2s buy one get one, the verizon guy said she wouldnt have a problem with the touch screen and her nails, but there was a problem. So she called up verizon and since they were offer the D3 buy one get one online and since they were the same price, she got a D3 sent to her while i was able to still keep the X2. It just came in today and i just got finished activating it. It seems like a very nice phone. Now i am second guessing my chioce on keeping the X2 its only been about a week since we bought the X2s so its still not to late to call verizon and have then send me a D3 and i return the X2. Now i know these phones are identical as far as hardware goes. But it seems like the D3 may be slightly better than the X2.

Now i know a lot of you will say why are you even looking at these phones in about a weeks time the bionic is coming out. Well the reason is that when we did the buy one get one deal we opened a new line for the second X2 because my line isnt up for an upgrade until November so instead of pay 199.99 for 1 phone we paid 199.99 for 2 phones. So in November i can upgrade again to possibly the droid/nexus prime but then again i could hold onto my upgrade for something better because i wouldve just gotten a new phone.

So now heres my third and final question. As far a development goes, which phone do you think will/would have more development the D3 or the X2. Right now it seems their both pretty even but for some reason my gut is saying the D3 will have more development. And if i do decided against using my upgrade right away in November and waiting i would like a phone that has alot of options such as my old D1 ( I know niether of these phones will have near the same amount of options but still i would like to have as many options as i could as far as roms and stuff goes).

Thanks in advance.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Now i know these phones are identical as far as hardware goes. But it seems like the D3 may be slightly better than the X2.

Thanks in advance.

I stopped reading right there. The dx2 and d3 are very very different phones. The only similarity, really, is they're both dual core phones made by motorola.

The d3 is nearly identical to the bionic, not the x2.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Insidious

Reaction score
Its hard to say. I've seen some pretty freaking amazing roms on the x2 already but I personally like the the D3 better (if you wanted to leave it stock.) The blur is much nicer plus it has imo a better processer and of course the ffc.

Sent from my Droid Prime using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe both phones have a locked bootloader, though Moto has said they would unlock them via an update.

Between the two I prefer the D3. It's a bit bulkier but I like it overall better than the x2 and for some reason the D3 seems less laggy to me. I only did maybe a small demo with a friends' phones, but the keyboard on the D3 was awesome. In fact, I even considered upgrading to the D3 just because of how helpful the keyboard would be. I've used touchscreen even on the OG Droid, but the keyboard on the D3 is revolutionary to me and will make for more accurate texting :)

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be another device with the developer's support of the D1. That phone was and still is, the developer's choice for experimenting and making ROMs. Sure the support for other models have grown substantially, but the support for the D1 is still strong and still one of the best phones imo.

googlelover

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe both phones have a locked bootloader, though Moto has said they would unlock them via an update.

Between the two I prefer the D3. It's a bit bulkier but I like it overall better than the x2 and for some reason the D3 seems less laggy to me. I only did maybe a small demo with a friends' phones, but the keyboard on the D3 was awesome. In fact, I even considered upgrading to the D3 just because of how helpful the keyboard would be. I've used touchscreen even on the OG Droid, but the keyboard on the D3 is revolutionary to me and will make for more accurate texting :)

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be another device with the developer's support of the D1. That phone was and still is, the developer's choice for experimenting and making ROMs. Sure the support for other models have grown substantially, but the support for the D1 is still strong and still one of the best phones imo.
It would be less laggy, it has the TI omap 4430 processor thats a more efficient one compared the the Tegra 2 chip in the X2.

OP
C

crashngo

Reaction score
From what i am gathering is from this thread and the link above os that the D3 is a more advanced and overall better phone correct?

Again thanks guys

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would get the DROID 3 since it doesn't have the Tegra 2 processor. It also doesn't have music skip issues.

random rom'd X