Verizon Doesn't Multi-Task?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
While there may be times where my wife calls for information and I need to call her back (if I'm not near a computer), I don't find it necessary.

What I'd like to do is if someone is talking to me about why AT&T is better because of that I would pull out a book and start to read. If they get offended, I'll just say I'm multitasking. :p

cplus

Reaction score
the first day...

me and my friend got our DROIDS we wanted to talk [he lives out of state] on the DROIDS great speaker phone about our new 'toys' and play with them at the same time, like search, find and download apps, etc.. Very quickly we discovered we needed wifi to do this. We connected to wifi no problem and chatted on the phone while playing for about 4-5 hours.

case 2: I use wifi tether to my ipod to play poker at lunch. when a call comes in, if i have a good hand and don't want to lose it, i have to send the call to voice mail. I'm at lunch so I don't want to take calls anyway but it would be nice.. blah blah..

Anyway, hardly a deal-breaker for me but it would be a cool function for those moments..

Brokn68

Reaction score
There's many, many threads about this. Bottom line is it can be done on GSM but cannot be done on the CDMA network unless you are using wifi. And you hit the nail on the head, how many times did you really ever have the urge to talk and surf at the same time on your cell phone.
I wanted to once and it would of been handy. I wanted to see movies and show times but oh well :)

bananazx

Reaction score
When I had iPhone, while browsing web, I couldn't receive any calls. Of course I was on AT&T.

meaker

Reaction score
Well, I love my Droid and verizon service but there are times that I wish I could do both. I have had those times where I was listening to internet radio and texting but everytime I get a text or send one the music buffers.. Also I had that problem where I'm talking and don't get a picture text or can't send one.. Never really thought to much about surfing and talking but it would be nice to have option....just saying

rperillo05

Reaction score
so far we all agree it definitely would not be a deal breaker for any of us...its like having PIP on your TV (picture in picture) its a cool concept but how often do u really need to use it. no matter how many pictures are on the screen you can still only focus on one thing at a time...if ur in a call an need to look something up on the web ur still gonna tell the person to hold on while your typing in the browser and what not and since att phones dont have magical browsers like the commercials make it seem its gonna be a little so just give the person a call back. then drive to the nearest 3G coverage (nearest major city if u dont already live in the center of one) area so you get decent data speeds lol.

Last edited:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I do need to access an online database while on the phone or email docs or pictures pretty often and I have no problem doing that from my Droid .
I took the lowest minutes plan because I knew that Verizon has a data signal everywhere I go and I can use Sipdroid (VoIP ) for my calls . So I have free unlimited calls and can also use a data connection at the same time . I don't think you can use data connection without a drop while driving for 10 Miles on ATT , heck I had ATT till 6 months ago , and I was having problems finding a data connection in a 10 miles radius .