AT&T Commercial, have you seen it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

808droid

Reaction score
I saw the latest AT&T commercial slamming Verizon that Verizon's service can't allow you to make a phone call and multi-task at the same time.

While the person acting out seems to be holding two DROID phones, he is multi-tasking on one, while the AT&T rep is holding the other up to his while he is on the call.

This commercial claims you can't do that on Verizon, but in fact the DROID does all that...allows us to multi-task while even talking on the phone.

Test Results

I called my wife and while on the call I took a picture, posted it on Facebook, sent a text message, opened another application called ebuddy, chatted with her, all while still on the call, went back to phone and selected call in progress and ended the call....

Works great on Verizon, what is AT&T getting at....lol....

Anyone else saw this commercial?

Steve H

Reaction score
AT & T is getting pretty desperate. Have you noticed that their commercial claiming that they "serve" ~95% of the country (the one where the guy is throwing postcards) they are talking about voice service not 3G?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon's network, which is CDMA, does not allow you to be on a phone call and use the internet at the same time. Now you obviously can do this if you're on wifi, but it is not possible otherwise. I don't really look at that as an issue, but I'm sure some people do need to have access to the internet while on the phone when they are not near a hotspot.

jimmy09

Reaction score
does anyone know what verizon's coverage is of voice?

Steve H

Reaction score
hope this works......
verizon_nationwide_coverage.jpg

myriad46

Reaction score
808Droid: try this...

Without being on a call, log into your gmail and send yourself an email. It should notify you on your phone almost instantaneously after it sends.

Now, call somebody and keep the line open. Do the same thing. You will not get a notification until you hang up on your call.

It may allow you to send a photo to facebook and tell you that it was successful, but does it show up online while you are still on that same call?

silvere2

Reaction score
How many threads like this are there going to be?

You can make a call while on wifi. We know. We've known.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Lets close this up. There are many threads on this commercial and topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.