Droid Razr HD vs. Droid Razr Maxx: Which to buy?

DC4MVP

Reaction score
I'm about due for my 2 year upgrade...well I'm 2 years past my upgrade. My Droid 3 is a good phone but it's time to move on to something a little more contemporary.

So I'm looking at either the Razr HD or the Razr Maxx (not the HD one). I just don't know which one to get. Hopefully some of you can guide me on the pros and cons of each unit as the specs seem the same for the most part. Hopefully some input from others will compliment my hours of research on each unit.

My usage is probably split mostly between texting, e-mail, web browsing, and Facebook with maybe an hour a WEEK being for actual calling. I hate talking on the phone. I'm looking for good battery and a nice screen.

Any help would be great.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Can't comment on the RAZR M but I had my GNex replaced with a Maxx and I couldnt be happier.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
The hd has a much better screen and a sleeker more industrialized design. With the new processor being for efficient people are getting similar battery life as the original maxx had.
Since the hd is a year newer it will have more support over your 2 year contract.
I don't see how the maxx is better than the hd so I would buy the hd.:)

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Detonation

Reaction score
I would go for the Razr HD over the regular Maxx hands down. The battery life in the HD still beats most current phones, and everything else about that phone is better.

Besides, regular Maxx is ~$300 used, so you'd kind of be wasting your upgrade, compared to the Razr HD being $600.

markg777

Reaction score
Get the razr HD. Newer faster and better screen on the camera