Verizon Does Training

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
10-27-09droideris.jpg

Again, we have no idea why Verizon is burying the launch of the HTC Droid Eris alongside the Motorola Droid. If you had any doubts that Big Red was going to launch this riff on the Hero, well, these screenshots of the employee training course should put those to rest. Interestingly, the buttons and logo placement are slightly different from the pic that was leaked to gdgt, but this version certainly looks like what Eric Schmidt was holding the other day, so we're thinking this is the final iteration.

[source: engadget.com]

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it seems that they are down playing certain phones, BB of course is one. But from what i remembered they were releasing one without any press on it at all.

MrCntry

Reaction score
I didn't even know HTC was coming out with a Droid! All I hear from Verizon is the Motorola Droid.

Any idea which one might be the better of the two? I have an HTC Touch Pro from verizon now but the windows mobile 6.0 seems to be very slow on it. I would sure like a much more responsive and quicker phone.

J

JohnDroid

The Droid Eris / HTC Eris won't have a physical keyboard. That's a deal killer for me.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
while i may end up not liking the keyboard at all, at least it has it there if i choose to use it. on the eris if you hate the virtual keyboard, well your out of luck because that's all you got.

MrCntry

Reaction score
This is my 2nd phone with Windows Mobile. I don't think I will ever get another one since it seems to be a very slow operating system. My wife has a crackberry and she loves it. It is much faster.

I will need a physical keyboard with my new phone also. I am not much on the virtual keyboards. I would like to get on the pre-order list for this new Droid but I really want to play with the phone first in the verizon store to see if I like it. I already had to return a different phone because after a couple days of use It was not what I wanted. Well, they charged me a $35.00 restocking fee. That really sucked since i got the phone for only $49.00 :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that's a lot of what I heard about winmo is that it's quite slow, but versatile. I've used a few and never been impressed with the time it takes to do anything, it's like putting windows 95 back on my computer and trying to get work done.