Official Droid 2 Training Guide Leaked

mac5217

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the D2 will work on the D1's entertainment and car docks?

I dont see why it wouldnt? It has the same shape and dimensions as the Droid 1. The only diference is the slider part of phone extends to the bottom of the phone. Unlike the Droid 1 which has that little chin.

bizzshow

Reaction score
^^ but thats the reason it wont fit in the car dock the little chin is held by the car dock. with the droid 2 i can bet that chin area is now thicker which rules out the car dock

ucannvrhav2mchpi

Reaction score
you understand that the iphone4 has a dedicated gpu, oh yeah and its better than the d2 i agree root your droid and your not missing anything. and im pretty sure the snapdragon phones have a dedicated gpu also

yeah that's why i was being sarcastic about it... haha

bizzshow

Reaction score
oh ok kinda hard to catch that on a board. still this is going to make reps look stupid if they really try to push a phone with this info

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
Lets try to be objective here.

The Apples screen is better than the Droid 2, as is the Camera. Which the table shows them as being equal.

The iPhone 4 is hotspot capable.

The Blockbuster app should be a negative, as should VCast.

iPhone 4 has swype.

OGWO

Reaction score
Lets try to be objective here.

The Apples screen is better than the Droid 2, as is the Camera. Which the table shows them as being equal.

The iPhone 4 is hotspot capable.

The Blockbuster app should be a negative, as should VCast.

iPhone 4 has swype.
Droid 2 will have Swype.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
^^ but thats the reason it wont fit in the car dock the little chin is held by the car dock. with the droid 2 i can bet that chin area is now thicker which rules out the car dock

The home dock doesn't have that, so it should be fine - hopefully. However, MOTOBLUR might kill the chance of me even thinking about the D2. Oh well, I have 12 months before I have to worry about it and G4 phones will be out by then, but they will probably have even more useless to me things on them.

neto614

Reaction score
When will it be out for verizon droid im still at 2.1.1

R3D3M0N

Reaction score
Just root your Droid 1 and you will have a Droid 2.
i agree root your droid and your not missing anything.
You are missing the 8gb of internal storage which the apps2sd in Froyo just doesn't quite measure up too, this is the Original Droid's only real downfall
Plus and correct me if I'm wrong it starts out with 1 GHz so you'll be able to overclock it a hella lot higher than that right?
And also does the D1 have a dedicated GPU? If not that's an improvement worth mentioning. dancedroid

bizzshow

Reaction score
No the 3630 starts out at 720 the 3430 natively runs at that speed. They both use the same dedicated gpu