Official Droid 2 Training Guide Leaked

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
10fu8up.jpg

Another day, another leak. And although the Droid 2 has yet to be made official by Big Red, it is quite obvious that its launch is right around the corner. Today, Droid-Life leaked Verizon's official Droid 2 employee Training Guide. Although there isn't much new within the pages, reaffirming specs is always fun.

Here are a few highlights from the Guide:
  • Android 2.2 with Flash 10.1
  • MotoBlur
  • 3G Mobile Hotspot
  • Swype pre-loaded
  • Improved Exchange capabilities and remote-wipe
  • "DVD quality video recording" (i.e., 480p or non-HD)
  • a plethora of bloatware

Considering the Droid 1 has reached the End of Life list, Verizon employees are being asked to push the Droid 2 as its replacement. Will the Droid 2 replace your Droid 1?

For a comparison with other top smartphones, Verizon provided a chart for that:

2lbgv1f.jpg

Check out the full Training Guide on Droid-Life

Source: Droid-Life

phatkat66

Reaction score
motoblur again? Its a mini Dx with a keyboard ^_^ I like! but if that has froyo whats taking the Dx from getting it? Shouldn't all the files be the same?

wmnomore

Reaction score
Just a marketing decision if i was to guess. Droid x can market itself. droid2, being very close to its predecessor, needs a boost. I actually like to pseudo-blur on the droid2 and X, and the extra widgets are a plus.

Moreno

Reaction score
One thing I really like about it is the Separate GPU provided for better image quality.

ucannvrhav2mchpi

Reaction score
what the iphone doesn't have a dedicated gpu? that chart is really misleading....

bizzshow

Reaction score
you understand that the iphone4 has a dedicated gpu, oh yeah and its better than the d2 i agree root your droid and your not missing anything. and im pretty sure the snapdragon phones have a dedicated gpu also

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to get past it having motoblur. I don't know what it is exactly but I have no desire to ever own a phone with motoblur on it. The X has blur, I don't see the need for the Droid 2 to have it as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bizzshow

Reaction score
true it does have more app storage better processor and more ram. but at the end of the day your stuck with what Motorola and Verizon deem necessary for you to get not what you want ill pass

sphen22

Reaction score
Sounds nice, but after going 4.3 there is no going back.

johnnyb125

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the D2 will work on the D1's entertainment and car docks?