Verizon announces HTC Thunderbolt with March 17th release date

bjof45

Reaction score
So does anyone know if you the upgrade price inside the store will be the same price as the one online ($200-$209)?

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know if you the upgrade price inside the store will be the same price as the one online ($200-$209)?

I got mine at 199 at the Verizon Corporate store. I got $50 off for my job discount. Without it is 249.99 for two year.. 319.99 for one year..

jazzman

Reaction score

I just visited my local Verizon store and was told that they couldn't honor the $209 online price. I ordered online. I guess I can wait another few days; it's only been 39... and counting

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And the charge that came with the phone is now gone.. time to charge up for the first time and give this thing the real test.. for those that care I have been using non stop wifi hotspot, 4G, txt, email, borwser for the past 2.5 hours.. so not surprised it is ready to charge up now..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Vzw not honoring 1yr deals "we treating it likke the iphone" so if want a tb gonna have to go best buy.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Vzw not honoring 1yr deals "we treating it likke the iphone" so if want a tb gonna have to go best buy.
I was told you can do a 1 year at a Verizon store. Either way though I would recommend a 2 year, that way you are locked in for unlimited 4G longer.

ke0kie

Reaction score
...Free mobile (4g) hotspot till 5/15 is sweet. I live in NYC (4g coverage available), so this should be great. I figure by 5/15, we should be able to root the phone, and I'll install WiFi tether (same as I'm using on my rooted OG Droid).

I'm a productivity user (ie not a game user) so this phone should be great for me, plenty fast, lots of space; I'm really excited about the new device.

Getting used to its size will be interesting, though!

--Scott

Great news dude, the Thunderbolt was rooted a month ago, way before the phone even had an exact launch date! : Thunderbolt gets root and NAND access | Android Central

Sweet. I'll start digging for the procedure. I'd like to wait till there is a procedure for a retail phone (if existing ones are on pre-production units).

I just read on the Amazon site that mobile hotspot won't be available at launch (and thus the freeness is delayed), can anyone that has a physical phone confirm that?

--Scott

Slapsmak

Reaction score
This post is from my iPad2... Through my TB. Mobile hotspot works fine...and it is fast

...Free mobile (4g) hotspot till 5/15 is sweet. I live in NYC (4g coverage available), so this should be great. I figure by 5/15, we should be able to root the phone, and I'll install WiFi tether (same as I'm using on my rooted OG Droid).

I'm a productivity user (ie not a game user) so this phone should be great for me, plenty fast, lots of space; I'm really excited about the new device.

Getting used to its size will be interesting, though!

--Scott

Great news dude, the Thunderbolt was rooted a month ago, way before the phone even had an exact launch date! : Thunderbolt gets root and NAND access | Android Central

Sweet. I'll start digging for the procedure. I'd like to wait till there is a procedure for a retail phone (if existing ones are on pre-production units).

I just read on the Amazon site that mobile hotspot won't be available at launch (and thus the freeness is delayed), can anyone that has a physical phone confirm that?

--Scott