Verizon announces HTC Thunderbolt with March 17th release date

TheOldFart

Reaction score
FWIW, I see that most of the recent discussion about the $20 early upgrade fee neglected to mention that one must be ELIGIBLE for the early upgrade. Everyone who wants to upgrade just can't walk in and upgrade. You have to be on a plan > $59.99 for > 90 days and the contract must be more than 12 months expired.

I guess most of us assumed that only people who knew they were eligible were considering. Probably not a good assumption. Good that you mentioned this.

Rotas

Reaction score
Soooooooooo the time has come.... the official announcement has been said.... the phones have been shipped.. (at least in my area). now we all are trying to wait patiently til the morning to go get our phones at the store.

question tooo you... to not really but kinda.. PASS THE TIME dancedroid

WHY ARE YOU EXCITED TO GET THE THUNDERBOLT??? instead of bionic..or waiting for another phone?

Better front facing camera, all the memory I could need right out of the box, simultaneous voice and data, kickstand, and the radio could prove amusing.

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve?
:pint: (Irish beer) + :greendroid: (Green Android) +dancedroid (Thunderbolt) = WINNING!
:icon_ lala::icon_ banana::rockon::beer2::noworktomorrow:

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Ok, so if I have the 1400 min family plan with unlimited texting and I got my phone in Dec of 09, I should be good right? I've been eligible to upgrade since December of last year according to the Update button on the website. Now it says I have 4 months left on the bar.

However, the wirefly site said I wasn't eligible for an upgrade. (I assume you have to go into the store and pay the $20 fee?)

I really want this phone. lol.

Reaction score
You just can't see the price on Amazon when looking at the page, you have to add it to the shopping cart first, just like Wirefly. It helps get around the MAP price (minimum advertised price) of $250, since that would not be considered advertising. A lot of online retailers say "see special price" when you click on checkout for this reason.

How many of you will order online from Amazon? That easily seems like the best deal so far. Or can you not wait all weekend to get your hands on it? I'm tempted by it, but still think I'll go into a brick-and-mortar store, in case any issues arise (I'd rather not have to deal with an online retailer in that case).

motty69

Reaction score
Verizon has till 12:30AM to get the TBolt up on their site, otherwise I'll just go to bed and order it in the morning. (Breaks their heart I'm sure)

Shouldn't have even bothered staying up, knew it would be up on time.

Javaknight

Reaction score
yup I'm sitting here trying to order thru the Verizon site as well and not happy :(

Rotas

Reaction score
You just can't see the price on Amazon when looking at the page, you have to add it to the shopping cart first, just like Wirefly. It helps get around the MAP price (minimum advertised price) of $250, since that would not be considered advertising. A lot of online retailers say "see special price" when you click on checkout for this reason.

How many of you will order online from Amazon? That easily seems like the best deal so far. Or can you not wait all weekend to get your hands on it? I'm tempted by it, but still think I'll go into a brick-and-mortar store, in case any issues arise (I'd rather not have to deal with an online retailer in that case).

Looks like its back ordered on amazon, shipping 8-9 days.
If I am reading it right.

Javaknight

Reaction score
Amazon shows as backordered to me as well. I almost ordered it there but I have $100 credit from Verizon that I'd like to use if they ever decide to sell the phone lol

Reaction score

Eww. I definitely can't wait that long, I'm about to burst with TB anticipation. I can't decide whether to go to my VZW store at 9am and get a refund from BB, or go to my BB store where I pre-ordered at 10am as originally planned...

Tomorrow is the "trifecta": NCAA March Madness begins, St. Patty's Day, and Thunderbolt Day. Its going to be epic and legendary!

Rotas

Reaction score

Eww. I definitely can't wait that long, I'm about to burst with TB anticipation. I can't decide whether to go to my VZW store at 9am and get a refund from BB, or go to my BB store where I pre-ordered at 10am as originally planned...

Tomorrow is the "trifecta": NCAA March Madness begins, St. Patty's Day, and Thunderbolt Day. Its going to be epic and legendary!

Im going straight to Best Buy today :D