Verizon announces HTC Thunderbolt with March 17th release date

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
htc-thunderbolt-release-march-17.jpeg

THE THUNDERBOLT™ BY HTC, THE FIRST 4G LTE SMARTPHONE FOR VERIZON WIRELESS ARRIVES MARCH 17

Verizon Wireless and HTC today announced that the ThunderBolt™ by HTC, exclusively from Verizon Wireless, is available on March 17 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Verizon Wireless for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.

Powered by Android™ 2.2, the ThunderBolt by HTC is the first smartphone to take advantage of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network. The ThunderBolt by HTC features the latest version of the HTC Sense™ experience, which offers enhancements including new personalization options, a consolidated e-mail inbox, and unique camera effects and filters. The ThunderBolt by HTC is equipped with support for Google Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™ and Android Market™ with thousands of free apps. Additionally, the ThunderBolt by HTC will feature 4G LTE optimized apps such as EA’s Rock Band, Gameloft’s Let’s Golf, Tunewiki and Bitbop.

Additional features:
· 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
· 4.3” WVGA display
· 8- megapixel rear facing camera and HD (720p) video recording
· 1.3- megapixel front facing camera with video chatting capabilities
· Newest generation of the 1GHz Snapdragon processor
· Mobile Hotspot capability – share 4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
· 8 GB of onboard memory and a pre-installed 32 GB microSD card (Actual formatted capacity will be less)
· Built-in kickstand for easy media viewing

With the ThunderBolt by HTC, customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a 4G LTE data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access and an unlimited 4G LTE data plan is $29.99 monthly access.

Mobile Hotspot allows users to connect up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the nation’s fastest wireless network via an application available on the ThunderBolt by HTC. Mobile Hotspot will be included through May 15 for no additional charge. After May 15, customers may choose to activate Mobile Hotspot for $20 for 2 GB of data per month. Customers can track their data usage by downloading the My Verizon app available in Android Market or by logging on to their My Verizon accounts online at www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon.

For additional information on Verizon Wireless 4G LTE visit www.verizonwireless.com/4glte. For more information about the ThunderBolt by HTC please visit www.verizonwireless.com/thunderbolt. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to iPhone, Cell Phones, Smartphones, Refurb/CPO Phones with the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless.

cpjr

Reaction score
Ah man...does this mean no more release date threads? **Sarcastic grin**

Reaction score
Kind of anti-climactic since there was so much evidence over the past couple of days, but I'm glad its "official" now. This -----> :icon_ banana:dancedroid x 1,000,000 for no more release date threads! On to the tech itself! Can't wait for Thursday!!!:):greendroid:

funkyb

Reaction score
and an unlimited 4G LTE data plan is $29.99 monthly access.

*does a happy dance*

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
LMAO, Now we change to " How well or not, it works. " Think Bionic release date !! LOL

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
This is soooo tempting. Especially with free hotspotting.

I want to wait for a dual core LTE phone from HTC (locked bootloaders are not a feature sorry Bionic). But, I don't know if i can pass up saving $240 a year for an unlimited hotspot.

I did buy a Xoom (no contract) and if I return it for the WiFi version I save $200 and can parlay that into a TB...

Hmmmm.....

funkyb

Reaction score
This is soooo tempting. Especially with free hotspotting.

I want to wait for a dual core LTE phone from HTC (locked bootloaders are not a feature sorry Bionic). But, I don't know if i can pass up saving $240 a year for an unlimited hotspot.

I did buy a Xoom (no contract) and if I return it for the WiFi version I save $200 and can parlay that into a TB...

Hmmmm.....

Maybe I read that wrong but it looks like hotspot is unlimited/free only until May 2011.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Maybe I read that wrong but it looks like hotspot is unlimited/free only until May 2011.

If I understand it correctly, someone correct me please if I'm wrong...

If you start your plan before May 2011 you get free hotspotting as part of your plan. If you buy in after you'll be charged $20 per month.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL

If you start your plan before May 2011 you get free hotspotting as part of your plan. If you buy in after you'll be charged $20 per month.

Ignore me...

I re-read it and it liikks like you get hotspot for free until May 15 then you either have to opt in or out.

NEVERMIND.

funkyb

Reaction score

I don't read it that way, but I'd love it if that were true.

meepstone

Reaction score
Will the Thunderbolt have trouble with new games that are going to be released? I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the processor it has. If it'll have trouble running the playstation games coming out and the tegra zone games?

electric6

Reaction score
k im pretty sure its $369.99 with a one year. Anybody know something that confirms this?? Oh and the 30 dollar unlimited data is the icing on the cake!!! SO EXCITED!!!

Reaction score
I don't know of I can't find it but where is their actual announcement?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk