Verizon officially announces the Verizon Galaxy Nexus by Samsung

EL Lacost

Reaction score
I just saw in phone arena that this wont have gorrila glass if so the GN is missing alot of little features other phones have and I might reconsider getting this phone

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok wel wat are the othet options? Besides those crapy screen covers?

EL Lacost

Reaction score
My list of all the negatives of the galaxy nexus
-no gorrilla glass
-no hdmi input
-no external sd card
-isnt as fast as the gsll
-no (cloud) motocast
-no battery optimising like razr

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
My list of all the negatives of the galaxy nexus
-no gorrilla glass There are other options like dragontrail. Gorilla Glass isn't the only strong glass on the market.
-no hdmi input It does have HDMI. It's through the usb port. It's called MHL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_High-definition_Link
-no external sd card Do you transfer media that much that an SD is a deal breaker?
-isnt as fast as the gsll According to whom? Have you tried both the GN and GSII for yourself??
-no (cloud) motocast There plenty of other options, why limit yourself to Moto's version?
-no battery optimising like razr The phone and battery were designed for months, why wouldn't the phone know how to optimize the battery on its own? I'm sure Google and Samsung knew what they were doing when they made this device. Especially with HSPA+ and LTE radios in mind.

My answers in red.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
I hate reading all these new phone being released soon threads... My upgrade is so far away that moto Samsung and nexus will be battling over who makes the best smart shoes by then... Oh well at least I'll be unlimited when the Droid x4 comes out

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only negatives I see as valid are storage maxed at 32 gigs (some people would like more storage, and heck maybe eventually the RAZR could take a 64gig card). Then it comes down to a better screen (how much better will have to be seen) and camera on the Nexus vs. build & call quality (reputation) of Moto.

Some will also harp on ICS, but I think the RAZR will have ICS very soon. I also believe the RAZR will be unlocked soon enough, but nothing wrong with people who believe it won't and have that factor into their decision making.

If the camera is important to you, I think the Nexus is a no-brainer. Otherwise I do think it's mostly a toss-up.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
I guess wel see whe it comes out to see its speed and yes I like alot of storage especialy in a big screen to watch movies and mhl is different it I said it does not have an ndmi out I know u can still do it with the mhl but I just think it shoulda come with the hdmi out included like most other phones