LG Spectrum Now Available on America's Fastest Network

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
lgspectrum.jpeg

It's here folks and ready to purchase. The LG Spectrum 4G LTE smartphone packs some great specs and very nice features. Be sure to let us know if you are going to pick this bad boy up.

Full presser below:

Verizon Wireless 4G LTE, a 4.5-inch True HD display and ESPN™ ScoreCenter application with exclusive HD video all come together in one device, the Spectrum™ by LG. Starting today, the Spectrum is available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. The Spectrum features a Qualcomm® 1.5 GHz dual-core processor combined with 4G LTE connectivity for robust power, multitasking and download speeds. Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the fastest and most reliable 4G network in the United States, covering more than 200 million people in 195 markets.

Additional features:

• Powered by Android™ 2.3.5 Gingerbread, upgradable to Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus and LED flash to snap beautiful pictures and 1080p video capture
  • Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat
  • SmartMovie HD app — create and edit HD videos right on the Spectrum
  • Mobile Hotspot capability — share 4G LTE connection with up to ten Wi-Fi-enabled devices
  • Supports Dolby® Digital Plus so customers can maximize their HD multimedia experience and stream up to 7.1 channels of surround sound through home entertainment systems
Customers that purchase a Spectrum by LG will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm glad vzw priced this at $199 for 2 year. A lot better then the $299 they've been doing for LTE phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I wonder if this thing is going to sell. I'm going to stop by my VZW store this weekend to check it out. Just out of curiosity...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow. How did this one slip under my nose?

Time for a trip to my local VZW store.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jet

Reaction score
Stopped by a store at lunch to have a look. Stupid security device makes it hard to get a feel.

Overall a nice size, about the same a the Razr, just thicker. About as think as the Razr bump. I think it feels better in the hand than the Razr. Very nice display. Of course you can't see what would be like in sunlight. Makes my OG Droid look sad.

Installed and ran AnTuTu Benchmark. A respectable total score of 6600.

Not a fan of the glossy plastic. Would need to get some sort of protection.

No vehicle mount available yet. That is a must have for me.

Anyway. It is now at the top of my list. Although I'll likely wait a week for to see what early issues crop up.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems very similar to the HTC Rezound. Complete with its own gimmicky audio setup.

jet

Reaction score
Vehicle mount is now available so I've ordered my phone. Probably will not be in until Wednesday.

I'm glad my unlimited data is grandfathered. HD Nexflix over LTE, WOO HOO!

Last edited: