Samsung Galaxy Nexus, officially official December 15th!

mrmark27

Reaction score
What a freaking tease.

Here's your Galaxy NEXUS, BUT you have to wait 12 hours to get it. I would have attempted negotiations to take it home with me. Instead of having to go back less then 24 hours later to pick it up.

haha yeah, i tried seeing if the guy would let me just walk out with it tonight rather than having to come back tomorrow but it was a no go, oh well, its on my way to work and im bowling tonight anyway so i wouldnt have been able to play with it too much. Only disappointing part is they dont have the desk doc so i cant set that up tomorrow.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Its Midwest and applies to any 4G phone. I live in southern Indiana and I have it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

So I'm guessing texas wouldn't get it?

Sent from your mom's house using my Galaxy Nexus... is what my signature would say if they would hurry and release the damn thing!

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
finally! ive been waiting oh so patiently for the enxus. my og has been clinging to life trying t oget me to it. i blame too much hacking, but thats besides the point. hes been in intensive care for months now. i go to sleep not knowing if itll wake up in the morning.

it literally dictates my day.

me- i need to call susie now.
og- no, you need to call susie when im fully awake, in say, six minutes.

it cuts off my phone calls mid sentence (mostly when i comment on how bad the phone has gotten). texts come in like someone opened a floodgate. ill go six hours of thinking i have no friends, then 27 texts blast through in mere moments. and god forbid i multitask err dual task. if someone calls me while im playing words with friends, forget it.15 second blank stare to a reboot.

its so mean to me, but i love it. just one more night little buddy. make it through one more night, thats all im asking.

Lol ur og sounds like my og. Its been a GD phone.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Quick Question: If I download SwiftKey X today, on my OG DROID (it is a ten-cent app today), will I be able to put it on my Nexus?

yes, if you buy an app on the market it is yours to install on the phone you own at the time. I bought it today and it is mine forever.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What options are you guys choosing on the phone call in vz system to get an actual store rep. i keep getting the call center. im calling a local number....(want to see if i can reserve a phone)

Riley

Reaction score
What options are you guys choosing on the phone call in vz system to get an actual store rep. i keep getting the call center. im calling a local number....(want to see if i can reserve a phone)

Option 2 sales on all my local numbers

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

nleksan

Reaction score

I have only been able to get someone at a call center :/

That was by pressing "2"

Pressing "3" gets me kicked off the call

nleksan

Reaction score
yes, if you buy an app on the market it is yours to install on the phone you own at the time. I bought it today and it is mine forever.

So basically...

I buy the app right now for $0.10 and it is installed on my OG Droid
I walk through the VZW doors at 9AM tomorrow and upgrade to a Galaxy Nexus
Upon activation of my Galaxy Nexus, I am able to go to the App Market and download the app again, with no additional charge

Do I have this right? I just don't want to bother with buying an app that will last me all of 5 waking-hours....

Thank you!!!

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have only been able to get someone at a call center :/

That was by pressing "2"

Pressing "3" gets me kicked off the call
I had to call from a home phone, the system didn't seem to register any of my button pushes from my droid. It just keeps on talking like i hit nothing. lol, not like it mattered anyway. My vz opens at 10! they upped the store an hour for some reason. and i almost laughed my butt off during the phone call. i played the dumb guy and I asked how popular the phone is... "well sir, yes their will probably be a line for the phone their usually is. What makes this so special is the fact that it pretty big in the online blogs and with all the forums. Teir could be a line down to bestbuy so id get here early"

benb1974

Reaction score
yes

So basically...

I buy the app right now for $0.10 and it is installed on my OG Droid
I walk through the VZW doors at 9AM tomorrow and upgrade to a Galaxy Nexus
Upon activation of my Galaxy Nexus, I am able to go to the App Market and download the app again, with no additional charge

Do I have this right? I just don't want to bother with buying an app that will last me all of 5 waking-hours....

Thank you!!!

i have had 4 android phones and still have access to apps i bought on day 1 of my first droid

yorT

Reaction score
yeah the apps you buy are with your google account forever. so no matter what phone/tablet you get it will have all apps youve paid for on all devices.

martytoo

Reaction score
The most important app for me is a free one. Wireless tether. How hard is it to root the Nexus?

grimley

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you still get your company discounts and whatever else if you upgrade at BB?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Yes, you still get company, government, military, etc. discounts. That is tied to your account, not where you buy the phone.