Verizon 4G Outage Nationwide

plongson

Reaction score
It's up in Las Vegas but it's still not worth a crap. I've posted before about this and I'm TOTALLY unimpressed with 4g...at least from what I have seen here. Slow, clunky, hangs between 3g/4g...Data, picture and text don't seem to have any clue where to go. Apps sit and hang looking for info...Internet acts like it's on an old dial up modem.

Did I say I think it's a piece of crap???

Verizon has a minor meltdown, we loose service on expensive phone plans and are left holding the bag. REFUND!!! HAHHAHAHAHHA

Rat Ba$tard Verizon is just another big brother company out to take what they can and give crappy expensive (lack of) service in return. Go to a verizon store and the zombies look at you like you have a horn growing out of your head. Call 611 and they say "Ya, we know the service is down...just hang up and go away...but if you want to pay your bill press #9.

Oh well, at least I could make and receive phone calls, but I could'a had that on a frigg'n flip phone I won at the carnaval. My Tbolt was an expensive paperweight yesterday.

By the way, did I say I'm disappointed...:icon_evil:

Verizon can kiss my buttocks.

Reaction score
Your just having a bad experience, and if you got it yesterday then that sucks. 4g is awesome and fast. Give them time to fix the problems.

You've been...... Thunderstruck!

plongson

Reaction score
I just ran speedtest.net and got a screaming fast .98 Mbps down and .66 Mbps up with 3g. :icon_evil: No 4g, just ain't there. It bounces in and out...

I'm not exactly on the fringe of Las Vegas either, I can see the strip from my house. I've had the Tbolt for about a month and it has been nothing but an amazing phone, when hooked to Wi-Fi, so I know what it's capable of. As for 4G...it's the same this morning as it was before the meltdown yesterday, very uninspiring.

4g in Las Vegas sucks. It's marketing BS to get your cash. 4G might rock in other areas, but it's not ready for prime time here yet.

glennj

Reaction score
So "4g" actually shows in the menu bar at the top today, but no real data connection here in Cincy and SW Ohio. I can't even get a 1x connection.

I can "give" them time to work the kinks out (actually I have no choice but to do so), but at the same time, I am contractually obligated to pay for these services I am not receiving. I don't know if VZW will offer to prorate customers for their lack of service, but if this outage continues, customers should be due that.

Papa G

Reaction score
Did you guys try rebooting your phones? I didn't have to but my girlfriend did on hers to get out of 3g.

We had 70 m.p.h winds through Cleveland yesterday for about 8 hours ripping up trees and stuff while the network was being restored here!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

buttface2000

Reaction score
I have 3G outage here in cincinnati, and I cant access the market, tried rebooting and everything...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Papa G

Reaction score
I'm seeing that people forgot to turn their 4g back on. Did you do the 3g fix when it went out and forgot to turn it back?

plongson

Reaction score
I'm seeing that people forgot to turn their 4g back on. Did you do the 3g fix when it went out and forgot to turn it back?

You guys must be in product support somewhere.

(Customer) "My brand new toaster just won't work"
(Help Line) "Maam, Did you remove it from the box and plug it in?"

Ah...Ya, 4g is activated and turned on...plus I rebooted and pulled the battery so many times I wore out the contacts.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice a significant improvement in battery life? I'm at 88% after 2h45m w/ 21 minutes of screen on time sending emails, texts and playing angry birds. Normally I'm at 70% by now and considering that good thing.