ver 4.0.7 home button not working

eliju

Reaction score
i'm using the key lime version and so far i love it, but my home button isn't working when i tap it or when i long press it. any ideas anyone? thanks.

angelrodriquez

Reaction score
I am having the same issue:

I am having the same problem as everyone else here.

I recall powering down my phone, but the unusual part was that it restarted on its own. I am assuming this is because some sort of software update that occured at the same time that I powered down my phone. I can not be too sure.

Anyways, my home key and search key no longer work.

I have tried messing around with Lock options, but nothing has seemed to resolve the issue.

I powered down the phone, removed the battery, and restarted the phone. The problem persists. I even turned off the phone, removed the battery, and held the power button, then put the battery back in and restarted. I had read this might fix it in another forum. This didn't seem to help.

Additionally, and like others have reported, my additional Power Down Options have disappeared as well. When I power down my phone, it simply has the "Power Down" option and is missing the "Airplane Mode" and whatever additional options USED to be there.

Anyone know how to resolve this without doing a factory reset? If I have to do a factory reset, is there any way to save all my phone apps, etc. to my computer in an easy fashion?

More information on the issue can be found here:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/237548#237548

I also reposted my question here:

My home and search key on my Droid are not working. How do I fix this?

listenman20

Reaction score
use titanium backup to back up all your apps and data. then do your factory reset. you've posted this under a custom ROM topic. i'm gonna assume since you've posted at motorola that you don't have a custom rom on your phone. actually google keeps a record of all your apps. if you should have to get another phone, once activated it SHOULD download all of your apps to your new one automatically. only thing you'll be lost is the data, meaning you'll have to sign back in to all of your social apps or whatever else requires a sign in.