Home Button Isn't Working

Bradums

Reaction score
So...pretty much what the title says. In the past 12 hours, the home button on my Droid RAZR (which is only 5 days old) has stopped working. It vibrates on press, showing that it reads my press, but does absolutely nothing. Double-tap does nothing, single-tap does nothing, holding it down does nothing. Every other button on the phone works properly but the Home button.

I checked the double-tap settings, yadayadayada, and everything's as it was before it stopped working. No new apps were downloaded between the time when it worked and when it didn't, so I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Any assistance would be immensely appreciated, because this is probably the third issue I've had in five days. I love the phone, and it was a great deal at the time (compared to spending $100 to replace my worn-down Moto Droid1, which was BS in an of itself), so I'd really hate to have lasting issues right off the bat.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So...pretty much what the title says. In the past 12 hours, the home button on my Droid RAZR (which is only 5 days old) has stopped working. It vibrates on press, showing that it reads my press, but does absolutely nothing. Double-tap does nothing, single-tap does nothing, holding it down does nothing. Every other button on the phone works properly but the Home button.

I checked the double-tap settings, yadayadayada, and everything's as it was before it stopped working. No new apps were downloaded between the time when it worked and when it didn't, so I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Any assistance would be immensely appreciated, because this is probably the third issue I've had in five days. I love the phone, and it was a great deal at the time (compared to spending $100 to replace my worn-down Moto Droid1, which was BS in an of itself), so I'd really hate to have lasting issues right off the bat.

Do you have an alternate launcher such as Launcher Pro or Go Launcher installed?

Try downloading Moto Home Fix from the market and running it.

If that doesn't work, try booting into Safe Mode. Power off the phone, then press power and release when you see the red M. Then press and hold both volume buttons and don't let go until you feel a short vibration followed by a long one. The phone should work normally but you won't have widgets or user installed apps. If the home button works on Safe Mode, then reboot normally and see if the problem returns. If it does, then you have a software conflict. Try uninstalling apps one at a time to see if the problem is resolved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums