Lost my "Home Button"

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just got done with a Factory Data Reset, and a re-root, and restoring all my apps. Everything went painlessly, except one thing.

I lost my "Home Button" function.

I use Apex Launcher Pro, and had all settings and data from the app backed up before doing FDR. I have 5 screens total, and before when I would tap the Home Button it would show all my screens previews, and if I tapped it again it would return to my default home screen. Now my Home Button does nothing, however I do get the "Feedback" vibration when I tap it, but it's not doing anything, no matter what screen I am on.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :blink:

jtc303

Reaction score
Just got done with a Factory Data Reset, and a re-root, and restoring all my apps. Everything went painlessly, except one thing.

I lost my "Home Button" function.

I use Apex Launcher Pro, and had all settings and data from the app backed up before doing FDR. I have 5 screens total, and before when I would tap the Home Button it would show all my screens previews, and if I tapped it again it would return to my default home screen. Now my Home Button does nothing, however I do get the "Feedback" vibration when I tap it, but it's not doing anything, no matter what screen I am on.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :blink:
no idea man... but at least you can always get button savior

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Download MotoHomeFix. It's not "technically" a Blur phone (at least according to the app), but it does fix this problem as I've used it for the same purpose. There are other methods, but I can't recall them at the moment.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I know an FDR will fix it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Don't shoot the messenger!! LOL!

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You can try clearing data on your framework, not sure if that will work. Can't hurt to try.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Download MotoHomeFix. It's not "technically" a Blur phone (at least according to the app), but it does fix this problem as I've used it for the same purpose. There are other methods, but I can't recall them at the moment.

No go ... that didn't fix it either :mad:

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Under settings, apps, running, I think the official name is "google services framework". Then just clear data.
Opps, look under all apps.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Under settings, apps, running, I think the official name is "google services framework". Then just clear data.
Opps, look under all apps.

No go on that either. :blink:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Only way I know for sure fixes this in every case...FDR (and I don't mean Franklin Delano Roosevelt).~:biggrin:

View attachment 52998

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Only way I know for sure fixes this in every case...FDR (and I don't mean Franklin Delano Roosevelt).~:biggrin:

View attachment 52998

Well I did it the first time LOL :p

I restored ALL of my apps with Titanium Backup in batch mode ... think that could be it? Maybe something from a batch restore?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Very possibly. I don't like to "Restore" apps, and opt to "Reinstall" instead. Some of those apps can really hide things that TB can possibly miss. Also, if something is overwritten with parameters incorrectly (i.e. write/read versus read-only), it can screw up all kinds of things.

I use AppMonster to back up the APKs and then use it to reinstall afterwards. There's another option which is pretty cool, but requires you use the Play Store for the source of the apps, but it's called Appbak. It makes a text copy of all apps installed, and when you want to reinstall them, it runs you right through PlayStore one by one. It works spectacularly well, and you're sure to get the most recent versions of all apps.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Very possibly. I don't like to "Restore" apps, and opt to "Reinstall" instead. Some of those apps can really hide things that TB can possibly miss. Also, if something is overwritten with parameters incorrectly (i.e. write/read versus read-only), it can screw up all kinds of things.

I use AppMonster to back up the APKs and then use it to reinstall afterwards. There's another option which is pretty cool, but requires you use the Play Store for the source of the apps, but it's called Appbak. It makes a text copy of all apps installed, and when you want to reinstall them, it runs you right through PlayStore one by one. It works spectacularly well, and you're sure to get the most recent versions of all apps.

Well don't look for me here for about 24 hours if I gotta reinstall everything ... :rolleyes:

Is there a difference in doing FDR from within the phone or from recovery? I wiped cache from recovery but I did the FDR from Settings > Privacy

:biggrin: :icon_ devil: