Lost Favorite Contacts boxes on top of home screen

Tamantha22168

Reaction score
My favorite contacts suddenly disappeared from the top of my home screen and it is making me sad. When I long hold the home screen I just get a menu for Wallpaper. When I push the Menu button at the bottom while on my home screen, there is no option I can find to put these favorites back. I have poked around on these forums and can't seem to find a way to get them back using the options that have been suggested. I do not have any of the "widget" options. Even when I find these favorites of mine in my people app, I can find no way to place them back as a shortcut on my home screen. What to do, what to do????????

pbickel

Reaction score
Open up your app drawer and keep scrolling till you get to the widget section. With ics all of the Widgets are now in the app drawer. Just keep scrolling to the right till you find the favorite contacts widget then long press it and put it where you please.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums Tamantha! Pbickel has got you covered. ICS just changed the way you add widgets and apps to your homescreen. It is now all done through your app drawer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My "Contact" is gone off home screen too.
I went to aaps drawer in the back in widgets "contacts" is there. I long pressed it, it buz's and I can drag to home screen and release it but it wont stay ( lots of room on that screen. Contacts was on my quick bar on bottom of screen.but gone now) Only thing I can get to stay on home and in the quick bar is "people" So now I guess "Contacts" is called "people"

Last edited:

atgbos

Reaction score
Thanks for this info

This was very helpful as I lost my "Favorite Contacts" somehow this morning.

BAKAYWOOD

Reaction score
Lost favorites

Thank you very very much. This phone is great, most of the time. Losing the favorites from the home page was just annoying. Seems like a smart phone is like a relationship- always needs attention to something.

ally8888

Reaction score
my phone had to have a factory reset and when I was rearranging things I lost the little boxes on my home page for my "favorite" contacts. I tried the solution above and it did not work for me. is there some other way to get these boxes back? thanks

Last edited:

ally8888

Reaction score
OOOOOOHHHHH!! I found it!! there is a widget that says "Favorite Contacts" -- press on this for long touch, it vibrates and then take it to the home page!! YEY!!!:icon_ lala: