Weird touch issues in 4.0.7

durrell

Reaction score
I just upgraded from Kangerade 1.1 NexTheme to Kangerade 4.0.7 NexTang. Now I am having some crazy funky touchscreen issues. I had no problems in 1.1.

I downloaded Touch Test and it shows the horizontal line jumping all over the place. Any idea what could cause this or how to fix it?

To make matters worse, my latest backup gave me the dreaded MD5 error so I kinda want to stick with this ROM if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Isaiah

Reaction score
Mine seems fine. If you've taken the time to do all that it seems doubtful, is your phone in the dock? while mines in either the car or desk dock the touchscreen is near useless.

OP
D

durrell

Reaction score
Mine seems fine. If you've taken the time to do all that it seems doubtful, is your phone in the dock? while mines in either the car or desk dock the touchscreen is near useless.

Nah, this is all normal use in my hand.

I did flash over to NexTheme and stayed with the default 800mhz kernel instead of the chevyno1 LV 1ghz kernel I was running with 1.1 and NexTang, and now I am not having any problems.

So I am assuming one of the following happened:
-My ROM download had an issue
-The chevyno1 kernel doesn't play nice with Kangerade 4.0.7
-Something strange is going on with NexTang

Any ideas?

Edit: I redownloaded and reflashed NexTang and it works fine. So that leads me to believe it was the kernel. Is there some kind of problem with this build and the chevyno1 kernel or was it just a fluke?

vmann32

Reaction score
I have tested at least 9 different kernels p3droid and Chevy and I noticed I reboot on kernels above 1.2.I am currently running p3droid 1.2 250-1200 LV 7 Slot on demand and Nextheme.This one seems to run the best so far but Chevy's 1.2 LV 7 Slot also works well.Other times I noticed when I ran Quadrant on it,on a performance setting it would also crash.I put 15 kernels on my SD and just went through them all over a few day period.Once they are there you can mess with them almost anywhere,even work, shhhh. Hope ya get it straightened out GL

OP
D

durrell

Reaction score
Yeah, I like to stay under 1ghz for battery reasons. I'm actually ok with 800mhz, although I may bump up to 900mhz if I can find a kernel that works ok. NexTang is running great with the default kernel, though. :)

renlan

Reaction score
I just upgraded from Kangerade 1.1 NexTheme to Kangerade 4.0.7 NexTang. Now I am having some crazy funky touchscreen issues. I had no problems in 1.1.

I downloaded Touch Test and it shows the horizontal line jumping all over the place. Any idea what could cause this or how to fix it?

To make matters worse, my latest backup gave me the dreaded MD5 error so I kinda want to stick with this ROM if I can.

Thanks in advance.

I had similar problems as well intermittantly, I also had problems starting aps like pandora and getting youtube video's to load, I moved fron chevys ULV kernal to the LV kernal and it fixed the apps problem, now I have to wait to see if the screen and lock ups are ok, so far so good. Also moving from 125 minimum to 250 min helped when I was on ULV but Im back to 125 on LV testing now.

OP
D

durrell

Reaction score
Well I'm very happy overall since this ROM fixed the GPS issues I had in 1.1. I'm just going to stick with the 800mhz kernel for now.

I'm LOVING the NexTang theme, though. Just not crazy about the default icons that look like folders. Don't really see the need to have a folder icon for a single app.

aayoo

Reaction score
I too have the wacky touchscreen problem, but only when connected to the charger. I'm using a p3 1.25ghz lv kernal and really don't want to give it up, so for the time being i won't bother with my phone while charging. Glad to know i'm not the only one with this problem.

OP
D

durrell

Reaction score
It's interesting that you'd mention that. Mine was plugged in and I don't think I tried it while unplugged. Oh well. Works fine plugged and unplugged now. :)

villain1998

Reaction score
Same here

I too have the wacky touchscreen problem, but only when connected to the charger. I'm using a p3 1.25ghz lv kernal and really don't want to give it up, so for the time being i won't bother with my phone while charging. Glad to know i'm not the only one with this problem.

But I had it since 2.1 on maps while on the charger, now it's on everything

OP
D

durrell

Reaction score
It does seem to be only on the charger for me now. I've never had this issue before. It causes Swype to freak out.