Venting: we need to make or push google to make a internet radio station.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have had it with Pandora. This app crashes too much for me, and when I try to send alogcat and a screen cap to the developers showing the "technical difficulties" they have no freaking clue what is going on. There response, you device shows that verizon have not realeased a 2.2 update. To which I responded; 1) i went back to 2.1 and still had the problem, 2) there are devices running an official 2.2 now are you gonna tell me you guys are not 2.2 ready. There are backyard devs who have their app 2.2 ready and you fools don't, give me a freakin break.
Its like Pandora don't give a crap any more. They updated the app into the ground. Either they need to get people in there who cares about android, or google should make a internet radio player.
I use pandora ALOT and love the app when it WORKS. But the developers just stopped caring. THe tech rep they sent me had no freaking clue about android. He had an iphone in had and was reading off a script.
When I tried to explain that android is an o.s that works on multiple devices, and that updating it to fix a bug on one device could introduce a bug on another, it went right over his head.
The anger and frustrations dealing with them is mounting. They really need to hire android developers.
I wish we could just make our own internet radio to compete with pandora. If any one has ties to google developers maybe we can get them interested.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have no issues at all with Pandora, but I guess I haven't listened for hours and hours on end.

Although, if it matters, I can get Pandora to crash on my computer after going thru and skipping about 60-80 songs (I have the premium account, and sometimes I play around tweaking my favorites in such manner hopping from station to station).

So maybe not the app at all, but the service itself?

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you paying anything for Pandora? If you are I think you have an absolute right to gripe.

If not, all I can say is what do you expect for free?;)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you paying anything for Pandora? If you are I think you have an absolute right to gripe.

If not, all I can say is what do you expect for free?;)

Actually I was going to purchase the app to get rid of the ads, but good thing I didn't. Because if I had paid, I would have had to make a flight to oakland.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually I was going to purchase the app to get rid of the ads, but good thing I didn't. Because if I had paid, I would have had to make a flight to oakland.

Hmmm....I don't have ads. Not sure if that is because of adblock in BB or because I'm signed in with my premium account (hi-def streaming for me).

I've not heard of anyone else having FC issues. I'll guess this thread will tell us whether it's Pandora or user error :)

dolpns13

Reaction score
This is the reason I wont purchase the full versions of Pandora and/or slacker. I have had too many issues with Pandora except the buffering every now and then.. Slacker on the other hand - Usually when a song starts playing, it takes forever for the album art and playtime to load on my phone. The song could be playing for 30 seconds, and finally the album art shows up.. so annoying..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Hmmm....I don't have ads. Not sure if that is because of adblock in BB or because I'm signed in with my premium account (hi-def streaming for me).

I've not heard of anyone else having FC issues. I'll guess this thread will tell us whether it's Pandora or user error :)

Its not f/c it just stop. Then a dialogue box of technical difficulties come up, here is the screenshot.

View attachment 12520

Taegost

Reaction score
I was going to purchase Pandora as well, but it doesn't handle phone calls or Navigation very well. Whenever I make or receive a phone call when it's playing, the app hangs for about 2-3 minutes. If I'm using Navigation, whenever the GPS speaks, it pauses Pandora and doesn't start it back up.
Other than that though, I *LOVE* Pandora... I listen to it every morning on my way in to work, and a lot of times when I have a long drive or the radio sucks.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Its not f/c it just stop. Then a dialogue box of technical difficulties come up, here is the screenshot.

View attachment 12520

That's very similar to the error I mentioned getting on my PC with Pandora.

I've played Pandora for 2-3 hours at a time on my Droid with no issue.

I don't know if this is your problem, but I think Pandora needs to be restarted after playing a number of songs (why I get the error on my PC after 60-80 skips/songs - it won't work at all even on a re-start, I have to wait 10-15 minutes).

Also, probably not your issue, but after getting no feedback from you it will assume you are no longer listening and stop playing. On the PC this is supposed to be like 5 hours and if you haven't done anything, like skip a song, give feedback or change stations it will auto close/stop playing.

dolpns13

Reaction score

View attachment 12520

Ive never seen that one before.. thats Pandora?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
Mike @ Pandora

to me, Pandora
show details 7:51 PM (7 minutes ago)

Unfortunately we don't support Pandora on rooted phones. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks again for writing,
Mike

Listener Support Manager, Pandora

- Show quoted text -

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
now see if they would have accepted the help of root users already using 2.2 they would not be making news like this:

Pandora and Froyo Not Playing Nice, Issue Processing Audio Files

On 08.05.10, In Apps, News, by Kellex

A few of you have reached out to let us know that since manually updating to official Froyo on your Droid, Pandora seems to be lacking in the sound quality department. Well according to Pandora, this is an Android 2.2 issue and should be fixed in the next release…of…Android? Whoa…
Froyo has a problem processing our AAC+ files. We have confirmed that this is an issue in the OS, and they should have it fixed in the next Android release.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime.
Best Regards,
Pandora Listener Support
And since we have no idea when we’ll see Gingerbread, maybe a fix will be issued in the mean time? I know there are a ton of Pandora addicts out there who are more than a little frustrated. Hang in there!
Cheers Gady and Mark!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Awww. Don't tell me there is a Pandora issue with 2.2?
Haven't tried it yet.

*On Wifi
/fires it up....

FORCE CLOSE... but it starts playing in the background?!?!
Odd.
Force close.
Try again from APP DRAWER and not widget.....
Loaded.
Playing.

Will report back.

(2.2 Official)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i kep getting "technical difficulties"

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That sux. Happy to report mine is perfectly fine.
Left work. Wifi signal got sketchy. Pandora started to fade like a normal radio station with a weak signal. That was kind of funny. Shut off wifi, picked up wirelss signal immediately and played flawlessly all the way home.