Venting: we need to make or push google to make a internet radio station.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Thanks for rubbing it in again that my library isn't supported there. :p

Google does all of that as well, plus no ads in YT if you subscribe. (Not sure if you can do offline playback without a subscription, but I know you can with one.)
No you can't. That's why I pay. I use my old phone to track runs. It's not connected to anything but gps.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I didn't think you could, but didn't want to give the wrong info either way.

Before resetting my 6P, I had 8+GB of music downloaded (my entire Thumbs Up playlist) for offline listening. Mostly because we'd taken a camping trip where there was limited service and I wanted to be sure to have some tunes, but also just in case I found myself in any other similar situation or running short on data. Haven't bothered to download them again yet though.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I haven't tried the streaming portion of Google Music but I may have to give it a whirl. I do have my music library uploaded there now and I'll go into that if I'm not at the house. I used to have everything in Amazon but once Google Music took off more, I canceled the Amazon storage and am pretty much all Google-ized now.

For streaming, I do still use Pandora as my "go to." I've been on the free version for years now and probably won't leave. I installed a Kenwood stereo in my SUV that has Pandora integration built in...that's handy for longer trips around the area or something (I don't go too long because of the data it chews up). I just hook my phone via Bluetooth to the stereo, and then I can control Pandora on the head unit.

I've also got a Sonos system at home and Pandora is just one of the services I can pipe through that. I'm not exclusive to that of course since I can run any of my music services through it, so that's got a regular rotation.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I just wish they'd come out with Podcasts already. I'm ready for an all-in-one audio solution. Now if they get audiobooks on-board then I'm set!