Various learning issues with Droid Bionic

CREG

Reaction score
Still learning to use my new Bionic, an upgrade from the original Droid.
  1. Agree, new Gallery is horrible, prefer to see folders. Where is the default picture folder on the new droid? Any recommendations on app that functions like the old Gallery?
  2. When using the browser, how do I delete "remembered" login information? I saved the wrong login information.
  3. Motoprint did not find my network printers on a secured network to which the phone is connected. I do have wifi access.
  4. Setup corporate e-mail which is working fine and syncing to contacts, tasks and calendar. Contacts are fine, however, task and calendar data in my Outlook are not showing up on the Droid. Any new entries do and I've set the Droid to sync all data for a month. Any recommendations on apps that pull data from Outlook 2007 effectively?
  5. Where is there detailed operating information on this phone and the installed applications?
Thank you in advance for your help.

DiaperDandy

Reaction score
For number 2, I think this should work but I am brand new to Droid and could be wrong: Open browser>Menu Key>More>Settings. In that list you will find options to clear cookies and clear passwords.

For number 5, for installed applications: On the home screen hit Menu Key>Manage Apps>Downloaded. That shows installed apps. There are also tabs at the top for All Apps, Media, and Running Apps. For Operating Information, from the home screen hit Menu Key>Settings>About Phone.

Hope these are what you were looking for. Came from a BB to Bionic yesterday so I'm just finding all this out.

OP
C

CREG

Reaction score
@DiaperDandy, thank you for the info on clearing the browser, that was what I was looking for. I also Googled "Bionic manual" and found a 68 page version which contains additional information.

Re: Motoprint, I was able to find my networked HP4600Dn color laser, but when trying to find an older HP4 LaserJet Plus on a network print server, I was told I need to downloand the MotoPrint PC Host software. Seems easy enough, but since I do little printing from by Bionic, having one high speed color laser is fine for know.

@Zetachi, I've heard Touchdown works well from a sales representative at Verizon. Have you tried it yourself? I'll take a look too.

Still need a Gallery replacement, at a minimum something like the Gallery on the original Droid.

I'd like to find a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to make data entry and changes on the road easier. If anyone knows of one or about one that is forthcoming, please post up.

Thank you.

zetachi

Reaction score
@DiaperDandy, thank you for the info on clearing the browser, that was what I was looking for. I also Googled "Bionic manual" and found a 68 page version which contains additional information.

Re: Motoprint, I was able to find my networked HP4600Dn color laser, but when trying to find an older HP4 LaserJet Plus on a network print server, I was told I need to downloand the MotoPrint PC Host software. Seems easy enough, but since I do little printing from by Bionic, having one high speed color laser is fine for know.

@Zetachi, I've heard Touchdown works well from a sales representative at Verizon. Have you tried it yourself? I'll take a look too.

Still need a Gallery replacement, at a minimum something like the Gallery on the original Droid.

Thank you.

Yes I use Touchdown and love it. Syncs, Calendar, contacts, email and tasks from Outlook. As an additional benefit, my company requires security lockdown of phone if using corporate email on personal device. With Touchdown I can lock just the email and not have to enter a six digit pin every time i want to use my phone.

Also..not positive but task and calendar will sync with Gmail/Google only without 3rd party email client.

MichaelD

Reaction score
@LadyTame:
I haven't had that issue, however I've got an idea where your issue may be:
From the Bionic home screen, Option Button -> Battery & Data Manager -> Data Saver.
I'm guessing you need to tweak an issue there.

In a single day of having the Bionic, I pulled over 200MB. Most of that was likely app downloads, but I've also run the SpeedTest app a few times.
So glad I'm still on an unlimited data plan.

JayMonster

Reaction score
#1 QuickPic in the market is what I have been using for a Gallery for quite some time. It is efficient, fast, easy to use, and customizable (you can hide or ignore folders). If there is a drawback, it is that it does not pull in Picasa photos. It is the best I have found so far. If you prefer the old gallery like on the NexusOne, do a search for cooliris 3D apk, and you can find, download and install it. That will give you the Picasa integration, but it also shows ALL photos on your phone, why I find annoying since it pulls in album covers and other such things, but many like it and are comfortable with it.

#4 Touchdown works flawlessly in connecting everything to Exchange Server. The only thing I do not like about it is how it is sort of "black boxed" and not integrated with the phone's contacts, calendar, etc... they are off on their own. For some this is good, for me, I find it annoying that I have to go to separate places. There is a free trial version, that gives you 5 days (I think) full trial and then converts to a read only version. Download it and try it out and see how it works for you.

OP
C

CREG

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions. After a week I'm getting around the phone much better and love it.

I'm using QuickPic for photographs and like it much better than the OEM Gallery. Touchdown works great for my e-mail and I pull everything into Outlook anyway. I haven't received a response from the developer of Touchdown, but wanted to know if the paid version allows me to respond using different e-mail accounts (POP3) over and above the standard Exchange account. My e-mail on my original Droid allowed this.

PdaNet 3.02 works like a charm and I have this on both my Droids.

I'm using Password Safe, but would like to find a password manager that allowed multiple logins to Facebook and other internet sites. Any suggestions?

NetMemo+ is a nice reminder app that will let you record your messages and e-mail them anywhere.