Outlook 2010: Corporate Calendar syncing and editing events from BIONIC (Xoom works)

sreedy71

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm having a problem that anytime I create a new event for my corporate calendar on my BIONIC it will a) either not sync to Outlook 2010 at work or b) sync to Outlook 2010 but I am unable to edit the event. I did not have this problem with my Moto DROID nor do I currently have a problem using the Xoom. Seems to be unique to BIONIC. Outlook 2010 is fine.

a) unique to BIONIC widgets (i.e. Business Calendar, Android Agenda Widget Plus, even Calendar widget). Same widgets on Xoom sync newly created events properly.

b) In Outlook 2010 if the event appears after having been created on the BIONIC, I can right click and change categories and show time as Busy, etc. But actually double clicking to edit, adding or editing information to the event always results in the Microsot Outlook message: Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. I've tried all workarounds (create a new profile, new pst, run scanpst, etc) and nothing works.

I've run multiple tests and it appears to be unique to only events created on the BIONIC. Events created in Outlook 2010 or Xoom are editable everywhere.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2010. Not sure which Exchange Server but at most it is 2007.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm always on the go and desperately need my calendar to be accurate.

Thanks!

Stephanie

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using the corporate sync account option when setting up the account or just a regular email account in the email app? Add it as a corporate sync and you should have no issues, I never did when I had the Bionic and my work uses exchange 2007

OP
S

sreedy71

Reaction score
Sorry forgot to include that. Its set up as a corporate sync account. I tried deleting it. Adding it as email only (which you can't get the calendar as far as I could tell). Deleted that and remade the corporate sync account. Still won't. Never had issues with any of the Moto's I have just this one. Really thought it was an Outlook 2010 issue at first but it's not since it's only happening to the BIONIC.

Thanks for your quick response!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to include that. Its set up as a corporate sync account. I tried deleting it. Adding it as email only (which you can't get the calendar as far as I could tell). Deleted that and remade the corporate sync account. Still won't. Never had issues with any of the Moto's I have just this one. Really thought it was an Outlook 2010 issue at first but it's not since it's only happening to the BIONIC.

Thanks for your quick response!

Well its not an Outlook issue, Outlook is just a program, gateway if you will, to just receive everything and then send it off. Everything is done on the server side.

Make sure that you have selected those items to be synced from the Accounts and Sync settings in the settings menu, if so, and after syncing nothing comes up, make sure that on Outlook that the items you are creating are actually associated with the exchange profile and not a local profile.