Outlook07 (Non Exchange) email sync issues

desertrat28

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I’m having trouble with synchronizing my emails due to the fact that I am using Outlook 2007 without an Exchange server. I have company email that is set up in Outlook (POP/SMTP) along with a hotmail account. What I want to accomplish is to sync my Outlook email, calendar, tasks and notes with my Droid X. I’ve tried work arounds, Gmail push, Google Calendar sync, Moxier mail, Roadsync, Sync2 and others that unfortunately only support Outlook utilizing an Exchange server. Many of the programs I’ve tried worked ok with calendar and contact info, but the email sync was the sticking point and although hotmail synced just fine, they just wouldn’t sync the work email. Google calendar synced appointments in duplicate and hotmail was continually reloaded as new email, going back 3 months![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Is there any program out there that syncs email to the DroidX with Outlook 2007 without the use of an Exchange server that utilizes Wi-Fi? Is it time to sell the Droid X? I’m integrated with others using Outlook so comments to dump Outlook are counter-productive. Thanks for any suggestions. [/FONT]

companionlink

Reaction score
It sounds like you've been through quite a few options already, but in case you haven't heard of SyncDroid, check it out. They have a very comprehensive list of sync options.

That said, based on what you've said above, you should be able to set up your email account as a standard POP account on your Droid X, then use a program like CompanionLink for Outlook to sync the contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes (and categories). This can be done via WiFi or USB, among other sync methods. Take a look here: Sync Android with Outlook - Sync contacts and calendar -- CompanionLink Software

As for your email being the sticking point, it could be due to the fact that you're using POP versus something like IMAP. Are you familiar with the differences?

- David Z.

GeXX

Reaction score
I would pay for exchange hosting. Outlook should not be used unless connected to a exchange server IMO.. it sucks at imap and if anyone cares about there email pop should not be used. Other choice pay for google apps and run your domain through there and then run jorte for the tasks and Calender and use the google apps premiere with outlook.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
D

desertrat28

Reaction score
I would pay for exchange hosting. Outlook should not be used unless connected to a exchange server IMO.. it sucks at imap and if anyone cares about there email pop should not be used. Other choice pay for google apps and run your domain through there and then run jorte for the tasks and Calender and use the google apps premiere with outlook.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Thanks for the ref: SyncDroid, I've gotten most of my apps from there that unfortunately, haven't solved my problem yet. I'm just about to go with the Exchange hosting option, any suggestions as to who does a good job economically? All I really need is email hosting, all the other fluff not needed. The Droid X is a great phone, but with this stupid issue of not being able to sync Outlook based email and being a poor platform for motorcycle Bluetooth set ups, I'm sorry I got it without further research. Yep I said it, my fault, but a LOT of people have been duped into thinking that this phone would do it all. Other than those two issues, I'd be a proponent of this phone. As they say, do a TON of research and buyer beware!