Droid X Outlook Exchange Sync'd Contacts no update

cparkhorn

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got my Droid X moving over from Windows Mobile, where I used a lot of 3rd party apps etc.

Anyway, I've got corporate exchange and all synced fine the first set up. Emails come and go no problem, I'm fairly happy.

My problem is with Contacts - They sync'd when I set up the account, but now if I make a change it doesn't update on either end, so it fells like it actually imported once and that was it. From the phone it seems to change my Outlook (I'm still testing this) but when I create a contact on my desktop Outlook (that creates it on the Exchange Server) my phone never gets the update. I can't find if this is supposed to be Push or this "Fetch" functionality (which I don't see a fetch anywhere - but on email the term is used, but I never see a fetch option)

I've got this issue with the calendar as well, although I've got a workaround. If I got to settings and turn off the little eye icon and the sync icon for the exchange calendar, close it out, and then turn those back on it goes and updates. Not the end of the world, but might be annoying if I was in a bad data coverage area.

Anyone seeing this type of issue with creating Contacts or Calendar on your Outlook Desktop in the new 2.2 Froyo and not seeing the updates get pushed out to the phone?

I really appreciate your help.

cparkhorn - Cedar Park, TX Longhorn

swallman

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but that's a totally different topic. The issue appears to be that creating a new user in my Contacts on Exchange Server results in it not showing up on the X.

Actually, I just looked again and the contact did finally show up but it took much longer than I expected. On the Droid 1 with Touchdown it was much faster. I was trying to avoid using TD, but maybe I still will have to.

OP
C

cparkhorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, but I agree that was a different topic, syncing outlook with gmail etc.

I'm looking at the direct sync between my Droid X Contacts folder and my exchange outlook contacts. The behavior of the Droid X Contacts (for Google Contacts) acts correctly. They appear as separate accounts on the phone. When I make a change on the phone or alternately on Google Contacts the change syncs or updates to the other, really quickly to almost immediate which is awesome.

On my exchange contacts (the group is called "mycompanyname") vs. Google or Facebook or Phone Contacts - the behavior isn't there. When I change a contact on my Exchange Server I don't see an update of the change (new cell phone for example) update on my phone.

Looks like someone else has the same issue. I didn't get the touchdown application provided, not sure if I have to buy it because of the limitation of the exchange sync update functionality on the native Droid X Contacts?

Power

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, although in reverse. I update or add a new contact on my phone and it's not uploaded to my Outlook contact list.