Using Google Voice Voicemail

Detonation

Reaction score
Trying to setup Google Voice as my Voicemail service on my Nexus but I get "Unfortunately your network carrier is currently not supported for automatic voice mail configuration. Please see our Help Center blah blah". On my Droid X, this is normally when I'd call that long number.

Anyone else having this problem? I'd really like to use GV Voicemail over Verizon's. And the hell if I'm going to pay $2.99 for their VVM.

Edit: Went into GV via the browser and clicked the link to active voicemail on my phone and it told me to just call that special number (*71[gv#]) as usual. My phone now directs to GV Voicemail, there's just no way to configure it's setting via the phone.

Last edited:

scdown

Reaction score
You can still use it - what that message means is that VZW won't automagically set up the phone to forward to Google Voice THROUGH its user interface - instead, you need to do something like a *720 on your phone to no-answer/busy forward to your GV Number. Everything else should still work.

momo

Reaction score
If my previous phone was set up to use Google Voice, do I need to call *720 for the Galaxy Nexus?

prowler85

Reaction score
I don't see anywhere in the setup menus to set GV as your voicemail. It was there in GB where you had to set it. It does bring up all of my voicemails already, just not sure it's set as my voicemail.

terigox

Reaction score
Had the same issue coming from the Bionic to the Nexus. I had a friend test it after that message and everything works fine! I didn't re do any activation other than the Google Voice setup.

I would double check that in your Call settings that Google Voice is your voicemail provider though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

alm0614

Reaction score
Had the same issue coming from the Bionic to the Nexus. I had a friend test it after that message and everything works fine! I didn't re do any activation other than the Google Voice setup.

I would double check that in your Call settings that Google Voice is your voicemail provider though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Where do you find call settings on galaxy nexus

soacst

Reaction score
Please tell me where do I go and how do I start installing, settingup and using Gmail Voicemail.
I am interested in recording my email msgs rather then typing them.
Not necessarily get voice email though it won't hurt. Thanks!