Used Universal Androot last week, OTA update today - need help

thx2net

Reaction score
Used Universal Androot last week and rooted fine. Just needed wireless tethering to my iPad. Worked fine after a few tries. Now got the OTA update today and tethering stopped working.

Tried to unroot with Universal Androot said faild, still rooted but when I try any rooted app I get "NOT Rooted".

C_01.43.01P
2.6.32.9-g874C292
android-build@apa26#1
FRG22D

Any suggestions? I have RSD Lite but no clue what to do with it of if something simple can fix it. Phone works, regular apps work, just seems that it's not rooted but thinks it is? Not sure.

Thanks

superblah

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue. It's like it's stuck in the middle of being rooted and not rooted :icon_evil:

Daybreak

Reaction score
OP
T

thx2net

Reaction score
Howdy,

You can regain your phone back by using the instructions from MotoCache post about rooting anything.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

You will have your root back, apps working and a smile on your face.dancedroid

Universal Androot works great. You just need to give the Devs some time to get the updates out. At the moment Universal Androot does not support FRG22D yet.

Hey, thanks, yes, I've been trying this process all morning.

1. I run RSD Lite and can't get it to show my device no matter what I try the Model never shows. I've removed, reinstalled, both RSD and drivers. I've tried all config options for Device ID, still no luck.

2. Tried using the unroot_2.01_update.zip - renamed to update.zp but get Error status 2

3. Tried the MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip renamed that update.zip getting "signature verification failed, Installation aborted."

4. Unable to boot with any recovery other than stock Android. - Had clockworkrecovery from Univercal Androot but now it won't boot to it, only takes me to stock android recovery screen. No luck and no access my nandroid backup after OTA update yesterday to FRG22D

Driving me nuts. Spent all morning trying to fix this.

Any other suggestions?