SuperUser problem

OP
C

Confusing

Reaction score
Great, let us know how it turns out:)

Ok, I ran into an error when selecting "Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)"

"-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD.update.zip
Installation aborted"

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
Tallica, once again. U R Awesome!

link 3 in my sig will get you rooted The Right Way!

Edit: Not a superuser problem...a one button root problem, they are extremely unreliable!

Tallica i was wondering if you could email me the code for your signature so i can use it as mine as well. You have a few very key links in yours that i would love to provide with my posts to help others out. Or if you can refresh my memory on how to add the links on my own using the html code, that'd be verrrryyyyy much appreciated. :) Thanks Tallica! :icon_ banana:<---Me after your help... lol

Sure just copy the links you want to use and paste them into your sig.

No code necessary, Did you mean how to change your sig at all, cause I noticed you have one.

K i did it. Hopefully it works, gonna check this post and see. lol Thanks again Tallica, ur definitely a great person to have around. :)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Ok, I ran into an error when selecting "Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)"

Installation aborted"

Did you "allow" install 1st

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tallica i was wondering if you could email me the code for your signature so i can use it as mine as well. You have a few very key links in yours that i would love to provide with my posts to help others out. Or if you can refresh my memory on how to add the links on my own using the html code, that'd be verrrryyyyy much appreciated. :) Thanks Tallica! :icon_ banana:<---Me after your help... lol

No code necessary, Did you mean how to change your sig at all, cause I noticed you have one.

K i did it. Hopefully it works, gonna check this post and see. lol Thanks again Tallica, ur definitely a great person to have around. :)

Thanks Man. looks good, didn't know you were going to use the exact same sig

OP
C

Confusing

Reaction score

Installation aborted"

Did you "allow" install 1st

Yep. I pushed THREE times, just to make extra extra sure lol

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it Motocahe1 update.zip you are trying to install?

and it's named update.zip not update.zip.zip. Vista and Win7 hide .zip extensions by sefault

Last edited:

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score

Thanks Man. looks good, didn't know you were going to use the exact same sig

I probably won't keep it that way, i just needed to know how to add the links to my sig. I plan on adding some other links to it that i've found useful like some of the overclocking links regarding the pro's and con's and other things like that to help people gain the knowledge they need before they start modding their phones. I've even been reading around in other threads to learn little tidbits about everything so i can start helping people out like you've helped me. My current issue is the OTA update notification that keeps popping up.... lol Still trying to resolve that one. Bartl3by's been trying to help but i'm not sure if i should try the patch he's offering, he's fairly new like i am therefore i'm trying to find someone that's been around a little longer and is more likely to have experienced these problems and solved them. lol. Here's what i'm talking about: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/76532-frg22d-stop-ota-notification-bb-froyo-v0-4-a.html

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
hmmm, maybe try re d/l the file. It should work in SPR

I went ahead and gave Bartl3by's patch a try and it seems like it worked ok. He seems like he knows what he's talkin about so i trusted him and did it, and i told him i'd get back to him if the OTA update popup reappeared for some reason. Now i'm gonna try out Chevy's LV 1.2ghz Kernel. lol Hopefully my phone can handle it. The guy at the local verizon/pro cellular store has his overclocked to 1.2 and it seems fine for him but each processor's different from what i understand.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
man i just got done reading and you fixed it :icon_ banana: