USB Wireless Adapter, probably stupid question

andreah1

Reaction score
I use a desktop at home (windows vista) and would like to be able to be able to pick up my bionics 3g/4g signal to use the internet during the times when my usual service is down, etc. Can I just buy any usb wireless adapter or do I need a special one to connect to the bionic?

Any USB adapter should work and you are probably going to need to get FoxFi from Google Play so that you can use your phone as a Mobile Hot Spot.

Thanks a bunch, just wanted to make sure. I have FoxFi already, use it alot with my laptop at work....THANKS!

Or, if you'd rather use the built in mobile hotspot feature, the entitlement check edit using sqlite still works for me. Let me know if you're interested and I'll walk you though how to do it. Root is required however.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Don't want to root, would rather keep things extremely simple! :blink:

what ip do u use for your bionic wifi... i use 192.168.42.2 but sometimes takes forever to connect.. have to repair windows adapter to get it work almost everytime.

Sorry, don't know, I'm pretty beginnerish....just go to the app and connect, don't look into it any further! : )

Or, if you'd rather use the built in mobile hotspot feature, the entitlement check edit using sqlite still works for me. Let me know if you're interested and I'll walk you though how to do it. Root is required however.

sorry it was to diablo

what ip do u use for your bionic wifi... i use 192.168.42.2 but sometimes takes forever to connect.. have to repair windows adapter to get it work almost everytime.

I use the same IP. It usually takes a second to connect, but I've never had to reset my network adapter.

Am I doing something wrong? I tried just connecting my phone to the desktop via usb but it doesn't show up in my access manager as being available. Yes, I have foxfi on at the time!

No need for foxfi to usb tether.

Connect phone to pc with usb, then:
Phone settings > wireless & networks > tethering & mobile hotspots > enable usb tethering.

Bada bing.

Well, that didn't work, I connected the phone, went to tethering and mobile hotspots but usb tethering is grayed out. Any other ideas? Should I just get a wireless adapter?

Back