USB Tether/Wireless Tether Not Working

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
This morning our internet was down so I tried to tether my Bionic to my Windows7 laptop to use 4G for my internet but neither would allow me to access the internet.
The wireless tether would be connected, but with errors and no internet. The USB tether wouldn't work for anything.
Are there some settings here that I'm missing?

McGyver777

Reaction score
1. Cord that came with phone is only one that will work for this.
2. Ensure drivers installed are correct for your version windows 32bit / 64bit.
3. Tethering may not be free...might need pdanet or an app for that if you dont pay the $30 for tethering.
4. I did it when I first got phone and I do not pay the extra and it worked that one time...have not tried it since (Burns to much data and I am on limited plan).

Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
This morning our internet was down so I tried to tether my Bionic to my Windows7 laptop to use 4G for my internet but neither would allow me to access the internet.
The wireless tether would be connected, but with errors and no internet. The USB tether wouldn't work for anything.
Are there some settings here that I'm missing?
You are missing enough info to help you. What app are you using to try to tether? Describe your process. My Bionic will tether with any USB cable, but as mentioned above many seem to only work with the Moto USB

terigox

Reaction score
If you're using the built in hotspot, my Windows 7 never seems to want to want to get an IP address. So connect to the wireless, then open a command prompt to do ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew.

That sees to help mine pretty reliably. I tried disabling adapter, rebooting, everything it seemed.

Hope this helps if its the hotpot!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums