USB Charge Only not working

jtapczynski

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having a problem with my Bionic. The USB option for Charge Only is not working. When I plug my Bionic into my PC the PC always mounts the DS cards even when the USB option is set to Charge Only.
I'm running .902 rooted.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem?
Thanks

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
1. Make sure your motorola drivers are upto date

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

2. Now I'm not 100% certain about this part but bare with me, it's been 5+ months since I had a similar issue.

When the Bionic first launched; a lot of people complained about only trying to get both sdcard and sdcard-ext to be recognized when connecting to PC/laptop.

Threads in a bunch of forums; about only using the cord that came with the bionic, the correct USB ports to use, administrative rights, etc.

There are a couple of settings in the Settings> Storage area that you might have to tweak (I'm not sure about this part),

1. I have my Storage Location set to Internal storage

2. I have Disable software install unchecked

Hope this helps you out!

gsDroid

Reaction score
Make sure you have usb debugging checked under settings > applications > development.

OP
J

jtapczynski

Reaction score
Thanks, I re-installed the Moto drivers and unchecked the USB debugging option and the phone does not mount any drives. However, as soon as I re-enable the USB debugging a drive is mounted.

Update: After cycling the USB debugginig option a couple of times, the operation of the Charge Only option seems to be working now. Thanks!