Stuck in Charge Only mode because USB notification won't display

cookiemonster37

Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently rooted my droid Bionic. I was running .893 and rooted it. It works fine but when I plug it into a computer the notification that used to display does not pop up. I've tried a laptop and a computer, and it was popping up before I rooted it. I need it to come up to switch it from charge only to USB mode so I can put custom roms on my SD card and install them. The phone does charge when its plugged into the computer, but the notification does not pop up! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is usb debugging mode on?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone was else have any suggestions? I have never had this problem before.:eek:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is your computer recognizing your phone?

OP
C

cookiemonster37

Reaction score
I'm not sure, nothing comes up in device manager or my computer, but I cannot tell if this is because it is in charge only mode usually I remember it popping up after I turned it to PC mode or any other mode

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is a very strange issue. I'm not sure if reinstalling your device drivers would help but it might be worth a try.

OP
C

cookiemonster37

Reaction score
Yeah I actually just re installed them, but now I cant find ABD under the device manager, so maybe this problem is computer side? However it wont work on my laptop either and it was before! Keepin at it, appreciate your effort in helping me

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know there's a fastboot file on here somewhere. I have no idea where it is or how it works but if you can find it, give it a try. I'll see if I can find it

JesterK9

Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently rooted my droid Bionic. I was running .893 and rooted it. It works fine but when I plug it into a computer the notification that used to display does not pop up. I've tried a laptop and a computer, and it was popping up before I rooted it. I need it to come up to switch it from charge only to USB mode so I can put custom roms on my SD card and install them. The phone does charge when its plugged into the computer, but the notification does not pop up! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I was having the same issue, and I wound up switching usb cables and that solved the issue. No factory reset etc... needed.