ISSUE: No USB Transfer Mode in AP Fastboot Mode

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
While connected to my PC, it recognizes my phone just fine as long as the Android OS is running. But once in AP Fastboot Mode, it won't switch to USB Transfer Mode while plugged in. I ultimately had to use another computer (my brother's laptop) and it worked just fine on there. Coincidentally my brother's phone, which is also a Bionic, goes into USB Transfer Mode when plugged into my PC.

Anyone had issues like this? And is there a way to fix it? It's not a huge ordeal, but it IS a nuisance.

bbucks36

Reaction score
While connected to my PC, it recognizes my phone just fine as long as the Android OS is running. But once in AP Fastboot Mode, it won't switch to USB Transfer Mode while plugged in. I ultimately had to use another computer (my brother's laptop) and it worked just fine on there. Coincidentally my brother's phone, which is also a Bionic, goes into USB Transfer Mode when plugged into my PC.

Anyone had issues like this? And is there a way to fix it? It's not a huge ordeal, but it IS a nuisance.

A) you have the latest motorola drives? adb and such
B) usb debugging checked on?
C) did you use the same cable on brothers comp? if not your cable might be bad
D) did you toggle in notifications for charge only

OP
Vepaot

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Yes to all of those. Same cable, same set up. Heck I even copied the install for the PC driver from my computer, to the laptop.