USB Issue

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
So a friend of mine decided to finally upgrade out of the OG Droid and went with a Droid Bionic off of Craigslist after seeing everything I'd done to mine. I told her getting hers tricked out would be easy since I still have all the files and drivers needed to do it on my computer...the only problem is, my computer isn't seeing her device. When plugged in, it IS charging and the PC makes the hardware plugged in and removed sounds twice, then nothing.

I enabled USB Debugging on the phone, but still nothing happened. Tried plugging it into my computer in AP Fastboot mode, which on my phone says "USB Transfer" to indicate it's connected, but still nothing. When in the OS (.246), it doesn't ask if I want to change how it's plugged in up in the Notification bar. Oh and I tried a factoray data reset just for good measure.

Like I said, I have the proper Motorola drivers, and I know both the cable and the USB ports on the PC are working fine because it works with my own Droid Bionic. I even tried plugging it into 3 other computers and they're not recognizing it either. Has anyone else ever experience an issue like this? After troubleshooting everything else, I'm leaning towards the phone having some sort of damage or defect, but I'm really hoping it's a software issue that can be resolved.

Thanks.

7779311mm

Reaction score
So a friend of mine decided to finally upgrade out of the OG Droid and went with a Droid Bionic off of Craigslist after seeing everything I'd done to mine. I told her getting hers tricked out would be easy since I still have all the files and drivers needed to do it on my computer...the only problem is, my computer isn't seeing her device. When plugged in, it IS charging and the PC makes the hardware plugged in and removed sounds twice, then nothing.

I enabled USB Debugging on the phone, but still nothing happened. Tried plugging it into my computer in AP Fastboot mode, which on my phone says "USB Transfer" to indicate it's connected, but still nothing. When in the OS (.246), it doesn't ask if I want to change how it's plugged in up in the Notification bar. Oh and I tried a factoray data reset just for good measure.

Like I said, I have the proper Motorola drivers, and I know both the cable and the USB ports on the PC are working fine because it works with my own Droid Bionic. I even tried plugging it into 3 other computers and they're not recognizing it either. Has anyone else ever experience an issue like this? After troubleshooting everything else, I'm leaning towards the phone having some sort of damage or defect, but I'm really hoping it's a software issue that can be resolved.

Thanks.

Same issue here, Vepaothttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/246005.html. I wrestled to resolve this for 3 days, but to no avail. I gave up and just allowed my BIONIC to update to Jelly Bean and wait for the 'possible' root release. So far, only an Ubuntu (Linux - about which I know nothing) script has been released.http://www.linux.com/learn/answers/view/1320-can-anyone-help-with-problem-described-below My only hope is that a windows version is forthcoming....and will work for my phone.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have had this same issue before. I have 3 bionics for employee phones and sometimes one of them won't be recognized by the computer when plugged in on windows xp. I restarted the computer and than it recognized the phone.

7779311mm

Reaction score
I have had this same issue before. I have 3 bionics for employee phones and sometimes one of them won't be recognized by the computer when plugged in on windows xp. I restarted the computer and than it recognized the phone.

My issue was with the required Mot ADB interface driver...all other drivers installed and functioning properly.