AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure) issue that I can't fix

Reaction score
So I'm running into a massive problem. Basically, every time I reboot my phone, it automatically goes into the "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)" screen. Now I can hard reset it again, and select "normal bootup" and it boots fine. But its becoming increasingly annoying. I've tried using RSD Lite to fix the problem with the original FXZ, but it always fails at step 6 stating "Failed Flashing Process. 6/22 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin"->phone returned FAIL.

Has ANYBODY else ran into this problem. Its driving me insane and so far, even recovery won't help. Does anybody have a solution?

ldubs

Reaction score
Original meaning the 246 fxz file? Do you have the latest moto drivers? What were you doing that caused the flash failure?

sent from my icy bionic

OP
C
Reaction score
Basically, I had gone back from Kin3tx ROM to Stock 2.3 because I was going to use the OTA updates to get it to 4.0.4, then root that and install Eclipse ROM since it requires you to be on some variant of Ice Cream Sandwich to install. When I tried installing it, it went to a messed up screen (almost like a TV stuck on static). I left it for an hour just in case and no dice. When I restarted it, I was able to install Red Head Rom to make my phone usable again, but since then, I always get that darn AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure) screen by default when I reboot and have the problem I mentioned with RSD Lite
[h=2][/h]

OP
C
Reaction score
Well I finally went back and found the stock Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich FXZ (or whatever it's called) and was FINALLY able to install it using RSD Lite. I think my problem was, I was trying to use RSD to install the original Gingerbread OS so the phone was running into problems. Thank you Idubs for the help

ldubs

Reaction score
Excellent. Glad I could help...

sent from my icy bionic

spenatron

Reaction score
hey, guys im running into a similar problem, maybe you can help. I was running android 4.2.2 on my bionic and went into ap fastboot to use RSD lite to flash to a ICS, so that i could root my phone, because the first time i used voodoo root keeper to keep root but forgot to check the box in superuser to keep root, now i am stuck in ap fastboot screen with flash error, in RSD Lite i got the same error as above "Failed Flashing Process. 6/22 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin"->phone returned FAIL." im stuck here any help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. i realize now i probably shouldn't have tried to flash back but tried anyway won't being doing this again

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So with that fastboot failure you cannot run the JellyBean FXZ? stuck in fastboot menu?

spenatron

Reaction score
So with that fastboot failure you cannot run the JellyBean FXZ? stuck in fastboot menu?

Yes I tried to flash the jelly bean it was still stuck, I got on here posted for help and then like 4 hours later checked my phone and it rebooted normally and I am actually posting this from my bionic. Don't know what it did but it fixed itself I guess haha thanks for your help though!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes I tried to flash the jelly bean it was still stuck, I got on here posted for help and then like 4 hours later checked my phone and it rebooted normally and I am actually posting this from my bionic. Don't know what it did but it fixed itself I guess haha thanks for your help though!
Good to hear, but if you run into any issues and need to flash the JB FXZ down the line and it won't let you let me know, perhaps I can help if your fastboot is still returning failures.