Upgraded to 5.5.893 and LOST ROOT (permanently)!!!!!!!!! - Please Help

Batman8

Reaction score
I just upgraded using the .zip file from P3Droid and it took me up to 5.5.893 instead of what I expected which was 5.7.893. Is this the most current version? Will it be a problem? Am I still in line for other OTA updates now that I am on this version.

Even more importantly...I also LOST ROOT even though I had already applied the permanent root method, which obviously DID NOT WORK!! So how can I get rooted again? I tried the one click method, the R3L3AS3DRoot and the 43V3R root methods but NONE of them worked now that I'm on this new version.

Please HELP!!!!!!!

Last edited:

haimez

Reaction score
I'm also only showing 5.5.893, is that expected? I want rooted in the first place, so can't help with that.

jpnestel

Reaction score
Me too, but...

I did the same thing, and If you haven't already, I used Foreveroots method #1to restore and reroot, worked like a charm! Then I just restored one of my backups

Last edited:

devils3023

Reaction score
Will applying this update effect receiving future ota updates from moto/vzw? Dont wanna apply this and then not be able to get the ICS update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is an exploit to root 893 thanks to p3droid

Download one click for 893 - unzip the contents and run the exploit with your Bionic hooked via USB in regular phone mode

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
There is an exploit to root 893 thanks to p3droid

Download one click for 893 - unzip the contents and run the exploit with your Bionic hooked via USB in regular phone mode

Thanks for the reply, but I tried that method several times and it failed every time. I am now trying the FXZ method (which is S-U-P-E-R SLOW) and hope that works and I am not bricked at this point.