5.5.893 root lost

MBxW

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem. When flashing to 5.5.893 from stock .883 I lost root and have yet to find a sucesfull way to obtain it again. Much thanks to any and all help in advance!

Edit: I should add that pete's one click doesn't work nor does r3l3as3d or for3v3r root.

Last edited:

cthebadge38

Reaction score
I did the same thing and spent countless hours trying to get it back BUT I finally did it. These are the instructions I used and it worked perfect! file:///mnt/sdcard/download/9842-updated-893-ota-lost-root-then-found-my-way-again.html

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This root exploit by p3droid works on 893, unzip into a folder make sure USB Debugging is on under settings/development and your phone is on and plugged in via USB - then run the file

OP
MBxW

MBxW

Reaction score
Thank you very much tp76, wotked wonderfully!

Last edited:

chedder72

Reaction score
Siiiiiick...I had trouble sleeping last night, thanks tp76 and P3Droid!:icon_ banana:
My question now is, how do we forever root so that we don't lose root again on the next OTA? the forever root tool isn't doing it for me.

Last edited:

srleadjb

Reaction score
This root exploit by p3droid works on 893, unzip into a folder make sure USB Debugging is on under settings/development and your phone is on and plugged in via USB - then run the file

When you say "run the file," how is that done, exactly please?

parton1080

Reaction score
After I run this, can I go straight to installing a rom or do I need boot strap?

jonsgirl

Reaction score
I'm not sure why this happened but I'll post my experience to maybe save someone some time. I was originally rooted. I went back to stock to take the OTA. Tried using this method this morning and although I showed SU permissions I was unable to get anything to allow SU access. I'm not sure which USB option I was in the first time but I completely reinstalled after doing a factory reset and made sure I was in mass storage mode and I'm now good to go.

evolutionsentra

Reaction score
I tried rooting for the first time today before the update using the one touch root and was successful. Only problem I encounter every time I let the phone sleep and try to wake up with the power button the backlight doesn't come on. Same thing after using the new method mentioned in this thread for the .893 update. Backlight still will not work. Is this a known problem with a fix? If I unroot, backlight works just fine again. If I manually go into display settings and click on the backlight adjuster the screen turns back on. Any ideas?

edit: After letting the phone sit for a bit, when I wake it, the light doesn't come on but as soon as I unlock it the backlight fires up. At at loss.

Last edited: