Upgrade in May

zetachi

Reaction score
so torn on this. Would love to get the S4 or something else new but then I have to give up my grandfathered in unlimited data :( Though not sure how long they will let me keep it anyway.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Like others, I'm thinking SGS4 or Moto X phone. The Note 3 would be OK, but seriously - I carry my phone in a belt holster. Will they have one for the 6.3" Note 3?

shadowsjc

Reaction score
so torn on this. Would love to get the S4 or something else new but then I have to give up my grandfathered in unlimited data :( Though not sure how long they will let me keep it anyway.

i'm in the same boat...just going to have to pony up the cash and pay full price on the new phone

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I carry my phone in a belt holster. Will they have one for the 6.3" Note 3?

of course... Samsung always have a huge list of accessories... it being that big is a bigger reason to make a belt holster

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I was horribly disappointed with the support for the Bionic (and most Motorola devices, to be quite honest.) Though I've been a loyal Motorola guy, I'm strongly considering jumping ship to the S4, given the specs. Still, though, I'm torn. I wish we had more concrete information on the X Phone so that I can be sure.

So basically, it's either the S4 or the mysterious X device.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
People that know me are aware that there isn't a more committed moto/moogle fan/user anywhere. With that said the S4 is an amazing device. My money is on the X phone being even more amazing. My rooted overclocked highly modified bionics (x2) and my RAZR maxx will keep me busy until then. If the X has half the things that are rumored and is unlockable (sim and loader) even if I have to buy a dev model for the unlock ability, I'll be happy.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I was horribly disappointed with the support for the Bionic (and most Motorola devices, to be quite honest.) Though I've been a loyal Motorola guy, I'm strongly considering jumping ship to the S4, given the specs. Still, though, I'm torn. I wish we had more concrete information on the X Phone so that I can be sure.

In waiting on the X period.

bbtkd

Reaction score

I recently read that the X phone has been delayed, which clinches it for me. I suspect they were closing in on a final design when they saw the specs for the S4 and other phones, and realized they'd be behind when it came out. This is what reportedly happened with the original Bionic - they delayed it 6 months for a redesign, and when it finally came out barely matched others that were already out. So now they're probably scrambling to again up the ante. Sounds to me like they're into one-upsmanship, and don't have the insight of Samsung or Apple that is required to plan a phone 6-12 months out that will be the best then, rather than now. Looks like the S4 for me - now hoping for an early upgrade offer as I've gotten in the past.

Last edited:

altspeed

Reaction score
I recently read that the X phone has been delayed, which clinches it for me. I suspect they were closing in on a final design when they saw the specs for the S4 and other phones, and realized they'd be behind when it came out. This is what reportedly happened with the original Bionic - they delayed it 6 months for a redesign, and when it finally came out barely matched others that were already out. So now they're probably scrambling to again up the ante. Sounds to me like they're into one-upsmanship, and don't have the insight of Samsung or Apple that is required to plan a phone 6-12 months out that will be the best then, rather than now. Looks like the S4 for me - now hoping for an early upgrade offer as I've gotten in the past.

Not sure where you heard that but it's total bs. Nothing about the x will be revealed until Google I/O and that's been the plan since last summer. BTW...all mfgrs are "into one upmanship" that's called competition . thanks for one of the single most inane posts I've ever read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bbtkd

Reaction score
Not sure where you heard that but it's total bs. Nothing about the x will be revealed until Google I/O and that's been the plan since last summer. BTW...all mfgrs are "into one upmanship" that's called competition . thanks for one of the single most inane posts I've ever read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I read it in a forum posting, so it has to be fact - just as much as your confidence that the phone even exists and would have to be announced at Google I/O. My point is that if a company only plans their phone to one-up the current phones, they'll never get ahead. They need to innovate to get ahead, not just one-up. You must not read too many forum postings if my post is one of the most inane.

altspeed

Reaction score
I read it in a forum posting, so it has to be fact - just as much as your confidence that the phone even exists and would have to be announced at Google I/O. My point is that if a company only plans their phone to one-up the current phones, they'll never get ahead. They need to innovate to get ahead, not just one-up. You must not read too many forum postings if my post is one of the most inane.

That the X exists, has not been delayed, and has had an I/O reveal planned since last august are not "my confidence"s. Those are facts. There is a lot of "smoke" about the X on the interwebs from people wanting their 15 minutes of fame. There is also a source that for over a year has been a source of moto info that has been right 100% of the time about things that at times have been improbable to say the least. 100%. Some forums are useful if you want info, others are only useful if you want to read a lot of words. I prefer the former.

deduct

Reaction score
I agree the original bionic was not as sexy as this bionic. I remember seeing pics of it from 2011 ces
. I badly wanted that phone but i am relieved we got this model instead. I can just imagine that original bionic catching fire while talking on it or in my pocket. That would suck!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree the original bionic was not as sexy as this bionic. I remember seeing pics of it from 2011 ces
. I badly wanted that phone but i am relieved we got this model instead. I can just imagine that original bionic catching fire while talking on it or in my pocket. That would suck!

sometimes I wish this thing would catch fire just not that close to the boys

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk