[Updated] Verizon Plans To Eliminate 'Grandfathered' 3G Unlimited Data Plans

epphllps

Reaction score
People scraping by?? If that's the case then you need to re-evaluate your situation and your conditions. If paycheck to paycheck is the case and all you care about it your unlimited data going away, there are bigger issues. Plus, no internet access?? when did VZW say, "please use our phones to replace your home internet, we want you to" when?? where?? again, if that's what you are doing then your financial situation isn't that great. time to prioritize things.

sorry but again, this was coming, everyone knew it. It's not like they suddenly magically did this. There have been rumors for a long time now.

you're right in the HSPA+ vs 3G for top end speed on the "fallback network" , and they may have a larger footprint.
but so far every AT&T customer I know hates them for their horrific quality on phone calls.
data is one thing, voice is another. if I need to call someone I need that call to be stable.

Umm maybe bc I'm from a poor family...live in the country...student for the second time just to get a job to make it in the future. One bachelors was enough so umm yeah. No internet is available where I live and I can't afford to drive to the nearest wifi place everyday to do the hours of work I have to do daily in nursing school. I also pay for an UNLIMITED tethering plan FOR THIS REASON. I'm stuck in my situation for two more years then I'm okay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Last night had a few with a Verizon employee, so.cal. regional sales manager, clueless to the news.

Living on the Razr's edge "strop" aside

armeddroid

Reaction score
I'm gonna jump ship if this happens. I have an old Sprint account. Thas gonna get too expensive over a period of time.

Last edited:

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
I personally feel that at the least those who should be grandfathered in they should get a discount say 10 $ a month for the 2 gigs. its completely insane to charge 30$ for the same thing that used to be unlimited. I too would say bye bye to Verizon, their phone selection is not that great.

monkey_man

Reaction score
Last night had a few with a Verizon employee, so.cal. regional sales manager, clueless to the news.

Living on the Razr's edge "strop" aside

I guess that $30 Verizon Corporate charge us didn't go to the employees paycheck yet :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

Dear F. ShamWow!

Of course you haven't hear impact from consumers about your $30 charge fee you dumbo! This is because many users upgraded their old phone and some even allowed to upgrade within few months to get the Hot Selling Razr/Maxx phones. I knew something smelly about this deals as when they also "Mistakenly" priced their Lapdock 500 @ $150 :icon_eek::blink:. You will see impact in 2 years time dear Sir! But I guess you are not lying when you been interviewed at that time :icon_ devil:. He is also right about word of mouth as that is what enabled them to gain massive profits with hot selling razr/maxx phones + lapdock. Please stop lying about Verizon not losing/ maintain a communal system within Verizon. You are just making a shock Value as so many users are getting hooked and pampered by your service. It's been slow transactions due to what experts say a slump economy. He's able to prove them wrong as by fear mongering like making a statement in July 2011 allowed to gain massive mass to store. They are trying to repeat it once it's slowing down. For me though, they are taking it too far! What an ambitious move Mr.ShamWow! Like 50cent said get rich or die trying and at least what he's doing is Legit!

You may not see the impact now... but trust me you are way making more money now from smartphone users. You better hope the economy is back for bank to loan you money for maintaining your $23 Billions 4G LTE Towers! With dismal amount from users to use your so call "Bloated Network from Hogging users!"

monkey_man

Reaction score
Look I am happy with their tier data plan if they charge $30 for 5gb of data as that's what I signed up for anyways when I had my Blackberrys even if they called their data Unlimited at the time. Below that they can kiss my money for Smartphone goodbye as I will go back to regular free phone! ( Oh wait what free phone as they will charge $30 dollars LoL) Very keen people up top after all! Try to be more drastic and creates much bigger shock value by making all of your employees the same way as what consumers get. I heard an Employee from Verizon went to the Occupy thing anyways :icon_ devil: Just give them employee discount, but the rest make it the same :D More money right!

Parzec

Reaction score
I am pretty sure there is collusion between the carriers on these policy changes...first phasing out unlimited together now phasing out grandfathered plans. Sure they spread the announcements apart by a few months, but is anyone really fooled? Perhaps an investigation by the feds is in order to determine if there are anti competitive practices between ATT and Verizon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx from Droid Forums

sb1831

Reaction score
The percentage of data hogs are probably very small compared to those using only 2-4 gigs a month. Verizon just wants more money. Stop blaming the less than 1% of the people who are data hogs, blame Verizon!

Mek's X

The 1% is what gives the rest of us a bad name. The same as in biker gangs, the military, religious extremists, etc.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
the disrespectful comments stop now, please, you know who you are

patrick72

Reaction score
I way I look at the unlimited data plan, is Verizon will have legal issues if they attempt to deny grandfathered data plans.

Verizon should have to buy the unlimited data plans out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
no political commentary here please...

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Wow. I am angry. I'm already grandfathered into a 4G LTE plan with my Thunderbolt. I better keep it.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
patrick72 said:
I way I look at the unlimited data plan, is Verizon will have legal issues if they attempt to deny grandfathered data plans.

Verizon should have to buy the unlimited data plans out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Yep or simply discount on new devices!!!!

monkey_man

Reaction score
I am pretty sure there is collusion between the carriers on these policy changes...first phasing out unlimited together now phasing out grandfathered plans. Sure they spread the announcements apart by a few months, but is anyone really fooled? Perhaps an investigation by the feds is in order to determine if there are anti competitive practices between ATT and Verizon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx from Droid Forums

Sounds pretty obvious and could happen. But education and learning history can make things difficult to see what's going on (like the AntiTrust laws). Must have someone on that "secret Meeting" to have enlighten mind or someone with deep pocket to keep such important info in the hush hush. You barely learn nothing about the Enigma Steve Jobs, till his death of course. I still applaud him to for making many technological breakthroughs, RIP.