Confirmed: Verizon 3G Subscribers Keep Unlimited Data Plan When Upgrading to 4G Phone

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Only thing people keep failing to ask them is how long they are going to honor this? Will it be until they get some decent (or just any) dual core LTE phones or when Sprint finally goes to tiered. Verizon's been posturing to pounce for months, I don't trust them as far as I could kick them in the @$$. dancedroid

I would think that the unlimited phone data would be at least as long as the contract is current and likely for as long as you are a customer. The unlimited tether could be much different, as I think they could stop that at any time without violating the contract. I would consider replacing my cable internet with the tether, as I use less than 10GB a month at home, but would be concerned that it will go away. I get a $10 discount for the cable internet and would not be able to get that back if I cancel and then sigh up again.

As long as you are subscribed to it, i'm about 100% sure that it will not just vanish on you, but what people have been saying is that they are not sure if it's a limited time only deal.

If that is really the case then I may have to get the Bionic and sign up for the $30 tether before I get 4G where I live. We are supposed to get it sometime next year. I hope that we get some advanced warning before they end the unlimited tether deal.

razingkane

Reaction score
My wife just text me from the local Verizon store and she has been told that the grandfathered unlimited data plan is only for primary number. All other numbers on the plan are not included in the grandfathered unlimited data plan.

Is the grandfathered unlimited plan attached only to the main phone number on the plan or everyone's phone number on the plan?

anewday

Reaction score
My wife just text me from the local Verizon store and she has been told that the grandfathered unlimited data plan is only for primary number. All other numbers on the plan are not included in the grandfathered unlimited data plan.

Is the grandfathered unlimited plan attached only to the main phone number on the plan or everyone's phone number on the plan?
That rep was misinformed! I'd be seriously pissed off if that was the case.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score

That rep was misinformed! I'd be seriously pissed off if that was the case.

Yeah, that would be pretty lame.

bigkhan

Reaction score
They probley mean your account wont be grandfathered in. You wont be able to add the plan to other phones on your account that don't already have the $30 unlimited plan. In my case I have 4 lines on my account A, B, & C all have $30 unlimited. D does not, A, B, & C will be grandfathered in D will not be. If I choose to add a data plan to that line it will be under the new tiered plans. I was just shopping around the last couple of days. for a non primarty phone and I am able to keep the $30 unlimited, that was as of yesterday.

Dwyndal

Reaction score
I just had an OH SHIZ i should have updted to 4g and dealt with a phone sell off but this just made me fell so much better, guess big read isn't so bad hehe

tedZilla99

Reaction score
I just changed my voice/text plan today and also ordered the Droid3. The phone rep told me that as long as I keep a smartphone, I can stay on the unlimited plan.

Dwyndal

Reaction score
really really annoyed that it just set in that i was porting another number to my account later in the fall and did not get in before the 7th. hmm wonder if i can still try anyone else have a solution?