(updated 6-29) Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4 - Compiled from source

HerroHerrera

Reaction score
runs great but i miss the 1.1 colors and features so ill go back and wait til you release one of those with the FRF83. great job though! i love you how fast you are with the updates dancedroid

madisonjar

Reaction score
maps 4.3 FC's here as well, might not be sticking with this build as I use Nav every day.

Like I said, this is more of a test thread.. now that I have more people testing I can look into some potential fixes. As I fix things I will post the update in the first post here.. so just bare w/ me.

no pressure at all from here man, I really apperciate you working on this and being so quick with it...I will stick around and test stuff with this rom as MUCH as possible...but if I need to use maps I will have to go back to krangernade! thanks again

P!X3L

Reaction score
maps 4.3 FC's here as well, might not be sticking with this build as I use Nav every day.
It FCs because google has moved maps.apk out of /system/apps. It's now a stand alone application downloadable from the market.

madisonjar

Reaction score
I installed maps 4.3 and it FC :(

LOL thats a whole nother animal.
this is the easiest way.

1. Open Terminal Emulator and type in the follow commands:
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system
busybox rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
cd ..
cd ..
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system
sync
2. You can now attempt to install the Google Maps update.
3. If it fails the first time, just cancel the download and try again. If it fails again, reboot and try.
4. Done!
terminal emulator also force closes :(

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
JRummy or anyone who would know...

Can I use one of Chevy's froyo Kernels for this build?? I noticed it had the stock Kernel on it...

Just downoaded and waiting for the sync to finish but so far so good!!

I haven't had time to test hardly anything on this yet. I was hoping this thread could turn into a testing/feedback thread for future releases.

Cool Cool will try out and report back!!

Running great for me at the moment. Finished downloading apps about 10 mins ago. Will run for rest of day and report back anything I find!! Thanks again JRummy for the fast source 2.2!!

Also some market apps paid and free are NOT showing up again... Some of mine that are not being found at all in the market: Fandango, Pure calendar widget,NBA Gametime, and NY Times Did a clean install wiped data/cache x3 each

Last edited:
OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It FCs because google has moved maps.apk out of /system/apps. It's now a stand alone application downloadable from the market.

Maps will most likely still come w/ the official ota. Maps isn't in source, I just simply forgot to add it.

Last edited:

LVGDroidFan

Reaction score
Seems like a smooth, fast build.

FC on maps and some apps not downloading from market (as reported by others).

Understood that its a beta. Looking forward to the update.

jearl75

Reaction score
JRummy, I absolutely LOVE Kangerade, I have the blue. The BEST ROM I have had to this point. I just saw on Twitter that you put this out, AWESOME! Downloading to test now, will report back any bugs even though most have probably been reported to this point.

Guitar4542

Reaction score
love the build :) my dancedroid is running really smooth but i didnt like the 2D launcher so i replaced it with the one Koush had in his ROM :) whatever. Thank's JRummy :)

Last edited:

NickEprice

Reaction score
I installed maps 4.3 and it FC :(

LOL thats a whole nother animal.
this is the easiest way.

1. Open Terminal Emulator and type in the follow commands:
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system
busybox rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
cd ..
cd ..
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system
sync
2. You can now attempt to install the Google Maps update.
3. If it fails the first time, just cancel the download and try again. If it fails again, reboot and try.
4. Done!

after i typed in "sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps" it said "sh: cant open pm" what do i do?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
first impressions: faster than FRF57? curious before i install

supermiah

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity...what do you think it will take to get the music streaming part of froyo going? Is it in the source code?