[Update] YouTube Android App Gets New 2.2.14 Update with Some Great New Features!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-youtube.jpg

There is a new update, version 2.2.14, for the YouTube for Android app. You can download it on the Market now. It comes with some pretty great new features, including the following:
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements:
  • Edit the title, description and privacy of your uploaded videos
  • New uploading UI integrated into the app
  • Create/Edit/Delete playlists on the go
These new features already make the easy-to-use app even more accessible. Budding videographers will be even more productive, (or unproductive depending upon how much fun you are having, and what you "should" be doing). :)

[Updated]: Apparently, some users had to figure out the hard way that Google hadn't fully tested all the kinks in their new YouTube app update. Don't you just love being an unpaid beta tester? At any rate, an update to the update is out now, which fixes the issues that folks have been having... supposedly. Here's a link to the Android Market to get the newer newest YouTube App update version 2.1.6: Updated Update for YouTube Android App

Source: AndroidPolice

Last edited:
Reaction score
I fail to see what this has to do with the Bionic or the SGS2?

:p

Jk, Glad to see YouTube finally updated, hopefully they added a settings button that forces HD video as the default.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice sarcasm...

I fail to see what this has to do with the Bionic or the SGS2?

:p

Jk, Glad to see YouTube finally updated, hopefully they added a settings button that forces HD video as the default.

LOL! Nice one. :p

gkeller16

Reaction score
Not sure if it's just my x2 but after installing the update videos will no longer work correctly. It will start playing for a few seconds then skip to the end. I tried to reboot to see if that fixed it, but ended up uninstalling update, now it works fine.

GeLopez

Reaction score
im also having problems, plays for a few seconds then it catches up and has to stop, then it does it again. uninstalled the update and problem is gone, re-installed the update and the problem shows up again.

droid 1 gpa17

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Someone left a market comment about clearing the app's cache and rebooting. Does that improve things for anyone?

syst3merror

Reaction score
I know I'm just echoing what has already been said, but for me it does the same thing as everyone else.

I updated it on my Incredible and my Galaxy Tab and both of them have problems loading and playing the videos correctly.....uninstalled the update and it's back to normal!

Funny how the updates break things! lol

kenbiz

Reaction score
App won't even open on my incredible. I saw a ton of negative reviews in the market too.