Google+ Update for Android Brings New Features

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
GooglePlus_AndroidIconLogo.jpg

The Google+ app for Android just received an update, to Version 2.5.0.329322. This small update brings some interesting new features along with a few bug fixes: support for hashtags, improved sharing support for 3rd party apps. Slowly but surely it looks like Google+ is growing and evolving. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to pose a serious challenge to Facebook. Share your thoughts.

For more Google+ chatter, head over to our dedicated sister-site @ GooglePlusTalk.net!

Source: GooglePlusTalk.net via TalkAndroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Facebook vs Google+ is like iOS vs Android. So many people were on Facebook and iOS before Google+ and Android came out that its hard to change. I came to Android from iOS because I was unhappy with the limitations of iOS, but most people aren't. I'm a techy that wants full control over my device. Others want to text and take pictures. With Facebook and Google+, so many users are oblivious to the privacy issues of Facebook, they keep using it and hare happy with it. They took the time to get the 'friends' they have on it and don't want to put that work back in to get up and running on Google+. Personally I think Google+ is way better than Facebook in so many ways, but the switch over is a huge obstacle. That being said, I don't use either anymore. I got out of the social networking crap months ago and haven't missed it.

Josebunbury

Reaction score
I got a Google+ account to keep up with co-workers in other divisions and any upgrade is welcomed.. I might have to check them out...