New YouTube Application, Do you like it?

jbdavies

Reaction score
If your app is in system, then try renaming your existing application to .bak, then go into data/data and find the youtube entry and rename that to bak. Then you should be good to go to install from the market where it will go to data/app. Confirm it is working, and go back and delete the files you renamed with bak. I just did it this way.

Craig
Yeah, still totally didn't work. I think I royally screwed up my phone. Haha... well, the YouTube part of it.

did you reboot after deleting the youtube.apk? If not, try rebooting and then attempt to reinstall from the market.
Well... I have no idea what did it... but I was able to install the new one from the market. Haha. Crazy stuff.

Thanks for all the help. :)

foxdog

Reaction score
For anyone else having problems installing the updated version from market, try this...

Uninstall old YouTube with titanium backup, reboot then install from market. It's worked for me and 10 other people i told to do it too.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
I have a problem help please

I have a MOTO DROID that is rooted has been its fine , Im only trying to get the new YOUTUBE APP. however everytime it downloads on install it says install unsuccessful , but on my DROID X non rooted it worked fine . what can be my problem ? issue etc ............
thank you

foxdog

Reaction score
I have a MOTO DROID that is rooted has been its fine , Im only trying to get the new YOUTUBE APP. however everytime it downloads on install it says install unsuccessful , but on my DROID X non rooted it worked fine . what can be my problem ? issue etc ............
thank you

You must not have read my post just before yours =-O

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
no

SORRY I made that post from the home page n did not see yours till I did . but now I still have an issue . I have titanium backup but i dont know how to use it to remove the old you tube to get the new . also im running frozen ogurt n the blue icon will go away upon deleting im assuming ? sorry if its too much but can you guide me on how to actually remove this with the app t/b?

foxdog

Reaction score
in titainum backup, tap the backup/install tab, go down to youtube and tap that, choose uninstall, it will ask you if your sure you want to remove it, hit yes or ok ( whatever it says) reboot then get youtube off market

you might need to turn on chuck norris mode or something for titanium backup to let you uninstall system apps, im not sure

azules9780

Reaction score
Just a quick trial use of the new app and I gotta say it's pretty freakin' awesome!

m0nch1zzl3

Reaction score
What I did was, I went into the UD settings and unistalled the youtube app from the modified applications tab. Rebooted phone, downloaded and installed just fine.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

o0HERO0o

Reaction score
Is it just me? I can't get this installed on my phone nor can I get the new Car Home installed. Any suggestions, is there something special I have to do?

foxdog

Reaction score
Is it just me? I can't get this installed on my phone nor can I get the new Car Home installed. Any suggestions, is there something special I have to do?

You could... read my last couple posts :p

Code Money

Reaction score
Excellent, polished, & proof google is still moving in the right direction. If this is any indication Gingerbread is going to be a killer 4 real.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is awesomeeeeeeeeeee

miss my themed icon but don't worry i'll get it back lol

nice job

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
What I did was, I went into the UD settings and unistalled the youtube app from the modified applications tab. Rebooted phone, downloaded and installed just fine.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
maybe I'm going blind but I can't find any option to remove youtube. I'm using UD 8

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
the titanium method seemed to work. thanks guys. only I somehow manage to loose all my backups somehow 0___0 wtf did I do lol oh well. I'll do another. hopefully this new youtbe app works cuz idk how I'm gonna get the old back just in case..